+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool Placement and Pool Selection

Default Pool Placement and Pool Selection

I have been reading thru the forums and online for days and still cant decide. Since we closed on our house a year ago we have wanted a pool and finally decided to pursue it. But after speaking with local dealers and researching online I am looking for some good advice.

As per the attached photo, I would like to install an AG Pool centered at the back of the house with a wood deck extending level off the concrete patio coming out level with the top of the pool. Understanding that the tree/stump would have to be removed and excavation done, does anyone have any ideas, comments, concerns with doing this ? I plan on having the pool installed and the finish excavation done by a professional.

Also, as far as pool selection, I wanted an 18x33 with Resin Components but havent found one with all the Components in Resin that I would like. I have been considering a 27 Round from this mfg http://poolcoindustries.com/silverstone.htm . Does anyone have any experience with these pools or the "Molded in T-nuts" ??
    Also, how important is a Stainless Service Panel ?
    I am just looking for a quality pool without breaking the bank. Basically the biggest bang for the buck. Any ideas or recommendations ?

Thanks for your help
    Attached Images

Default Re: Pool Placement and Pool Selection

Hi, I think the stainless steel panel is a big pain. I also don't see the advantage. With a little maintanence now and then your skimmer and return should not leak.

If you have not yet seen this thread

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=3278

do so. Lots of good pool buying info. The pool you are looking at looks good also.

Later, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

Default Re: Pool Placement and Pool Selection

Check warranties and IF you decide to buy online, you should always check out the dealer at the Better Business Burea Online (BBOnline) AND find out where their actual brick and mortar business establishment is and check the Better Business Burea in that state for them too. If you see that they have several complaints in the last 36 months, move on to someone else, even if the complaints were addressed or settled, who needs to deal with someone that has that many to begin with? We checked VERY closely on each dealer we looked at...the one we settled on had NO complaints and has been in business for MANY years. We were satisfied with what we got and the service/assistance they provided as well.

Then once you decide on a pool, do like Dennis and CarlD always say, put ALL the rest of your efforts into the surface you are putting the pool on...that is the make or break of a good pool that lasts...
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

+ Reply to Thread