+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Pearl Robot - anyone know anything about them?

Default Blue Pearl Robot - anyone know anything about them?

I am returning my Dolphin Dynamic and thinking about a Blue Pearl. Does anyone know anything about them. There is a website that sells them at: http://www.pooldrstore.com

But I cannot find too much info elsewhere. They said they sell them on the web but the main rep is Watertech but they are actually made by a company called Aquatron.

Default Re: Blue Pearl Robot - anyone know anything about them?

I posted same question a while ago and got no replies. That's why I went with the Dolphin Diagnostic.

I'll let you know how the Pearl works in a week or so. I ordered one yesterday and will be returning my Dolphin Dynamic to Costco shortly. The Dolphin is what I would call a Semi-Automatic cleaner. It keeps getting stuck in a rut where it will go back and forth in the same 10' track and never move to another area unless I cut power and reboot it. Their customer support sucks too.

I have the Diagnostic and so far I've had no problems(well, one-it did stop in the middle of a cleaning once. It turned out the GFI tripped on the outlet). I have only had it about 3 weeks though. Too early to tell. I am pleased with how it cleans the water line. It reaches the top and then scrubs sideways for about 2 feet before reversing down. I hadn't expected that.

I have read very good reviews about the Blue Diamond and so many here love their Poolbusters one would hope the same for the Pearl.
    One thing I liked about the Pearl over the Dolphin is, from what I could see online, it looks like the brush and treads are softer and flatter. I have a vinyl pool and the Pearl looks less damaging to me, but I couldn't afford to be a guinea pig since no one here had used it before so I went with the Dolphin.
    Please do write a review after you've used it a while.

Hey cleancloths I just did the same thing. My brand new Dolphin Diagnostic would not climb the walls properly and would only cover a limited area of the pool, often getting stuck making the same passes over and over again. Tried dealing with customer service at SmartPool and got a bunch of excuses and at one time was treated rudely. Dolphin went back today as defective and the Blue Pearl should be here on Wednesday....

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I'm in the same boat, but my Dynamic is 2 years old. It actually WENT to Smart Pools but magically it was healed when they tested it and it was returned to me, still with the same problems.

It SEEMS to work when I turn off wall-climbing--but I'm done with it and the Blue Diamond Remote is ordered.

The Blue Pearl is the economic model of the Blue Diamond line. I'm hoping the whole line is solid.
    Carl

Still waiting for soemone with a Blue Pearl to report.

Well my Pearl should be delivered today or tomorrow, so within a few days I will report back on its initial results.

Good, I'll keep checking. In a perfect world, I would like to hear comments on:

1) Pool rover Plus/Aquajet-- do other people have a problem with getting full coverage of pool? (I had problems with oval pool which caused repetitive cycle over same area if you extended cyle oover 8 seconds to try to cover whole pool.)

2) A review of the Orion. Maybe a less ambitious model than Dolphin style might work better.

Default Re: Blue Pearl Robot Just got it in the pool!

Well my Blue Pearl came about an hour ago. FedEx dropped it at the front door, rang the bell, and then just left it without waiting for anyone to sign for it.

Opened it up and my first impression is that it is made cheaper than the Dolphin. What I mean by this is that the plastic is less rugged, but it also costs less so you would expect that. But the proof will be how it works. I don't care if I have to be more careful not to abuse it if it really is a fully automatic cleaner.

I placed it in the pool and away it went. While it may be the bottom end of their line, it sure goes much faster than the Dolphin Dynamic which lists for almost double its price. It appears to travel at about one foot per second!

I saw it get close to but not go over a leaf and figured it would get it next time, but I was wrong. The leaf got caught in its wake and trailed behind the unit by about 4 inches for maybe five to eight feet and then when the unit hit the slope going up from the deep end the leaf got sucked into the back of the unit. I was impressed. The water flow through the unit looks much stronger than from the Dolphin. There is noticeable turbulence on the surface of the pool above where the units is running, much more so that with the Dolphin.

I watched it climb a few walls, climb the steps once and pass over the maindrain without getting stuck. One negative thing (well maybe) that I noticed is that when it stays at the water line for a while when it goes all the way down it appears to tumble a little, but it quickly gets its bearings and moves on. I also watched as it was going straight and then in the middle of the pool made a 120 degree turn just for the hell of it. I like that, no more just going over the same straight path.

Will let you know later in the day how well it actually cleans the pool.

+ Reply to Thread