+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Blue Pearl Robot - anyone know anything about them?

Default Re: Blue Pearl Robot - anyone know anything about them?

The owners of Dolphin and Aquabot were partners in the Dolphin. They had a falling out and the one left and started Aquabot. I have Aquabot and my parents have Dolphin. They love theirs, but service is a bi*ch. I get my Aquabots locally in Wyckoff, NJ from their huge warehouse. Haggle with them and get a great price.....service is great also.

That does not sound right??? I thought the Blue Diamond/Pearl company was founded by the son of the owner of the company that makes the Aquabot, and that the Dolphin is made by a totally separate company out of Israel.

Rescue30 is offline ** No working email address ** Rescue30 0

Dssxxx, sorry but you've got it all wrong ! Maytronics (Dolphin) is owned by a Kibbutz, owned by all the members who live there , this is the Kibbutz's business which is their main source of income, Aquabot was started by the US rep for Dolphin, who went on his own .Watertech(Blue Diamond) is owned by the son of Aquabot , Aquabot and Blue Diamonds are made here in the US , Dolphins are made in Israel.To prove your info incorrect you stated you got yours from Aquabot factory and you haggled with them ??? In another post you stated you got yours at Aqua Distributing, that is not owned by Aquabot, they are just a distributor, Aquabot will not sell direct to consumers , neither will Watertech(Blue Diamond) or Smartpool (Dolphin) !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue30
    Dssxxx, sorry but you've got it all wrong ! Maytronics (Dolphin) is owned by a Kibbutz, owned by all the members who live there , this is the Kibbutz's business which is their main source of income, Aquabot was started by the US rep for Dolphin, who went on his own .Watertech(Blue Diamond) is owned by the son of Aquabot , Aquabot and Blue Diamonds are made here in the US , Dolphins are made in Israel.To prove your info incorrect you stated you got yours from Aquabot factory and you haggled with them ??? In another post you stated you got yours at Aqua Distributing, that is not owned by Aquabot, they are just a distributor, Aquabot will not sell direct to consumers , neither will Watertech(Blue Diamond) or Smartpool (Dolphin) !!!!
    Well, I have better things to do with my time, then defend my statements. I have personally talked with the owner (1) not many in a Kibbutz, who explained the story to myself and my father about the start of Dolphin and breakup of partners and the formation of Aquabot.

But, I don't give a good crap about what you're trying to sphew.

Good luck.

Well I just want to add myself to the list of happy owners of the 2007 Blue Pearl.

I was pretty skeptic at first as too how much of the pool could actually be cleaned in the preset three hours. In fact I had planned on running it twice for the first cleaning (I hadn't vacuumed my pool for two weeks in preparation for this), but it accomplished all of this in the first cycle. Color me impressed! The only thing left over was some algae growth on the walls that needed to be brushed off, on the whole the unit worked perfectly. I have a very complex bean shaped pool, and while it didn't climb the steps, I watched it cross over from the shallow to the deep end many times.

I'm not sure what the sensor package in this machine is, but I know it at least has a tilt sensor...When it turns, it tilts up to avoid too much traction, and it if passes a certain angle, it will stop the turning process and begin filtering again. It also has a way to know if it has hit the waterline, as soon as it starts sucking air it will back down again.

And if you guys are deciding on if you need the buggy or not, spring for it! Maybe it was a shipping mistake, but we got the Blue Diamond cart (even says it right on there) instead of the pictured one, and it’s much better than putting the BP on the ground. Only thing is I wish they made it easier to get the spool of wire off the two hooks by swiveling or something equivalent.

I've only done one clean so far so I'll report back after a few weeks have passed, but initial indications are good!

Back to beating a dead horse. There's something about the way all these cleaners are marketed and advertised that doesn't quite add up, which keeps me searching for the real truth about alot of what they say.

One example is that if you look at pooldoctor's website, they have this chart comparing all the cleaners and why the blue pearl is better, but they leave off the chart the Aquabot Bravo and the new Turbo T's, and then just dismiss them at the bottom of the chart in a notation as "limited" or "experimental".

I note this because all evidence supports that the Bravo and the Blue Diamond are the exact same thing, and this reminds you that these salesman are less than 100% honest when addressing how many of these robots are remarketed under other names or very similar.

I raise this now because another website has the Blue Pearl on sale, with delivery for about $675. They don't claim them to be the 2007 model, like pooldoctor now does. Pooldoctor is selling the Blue Pearl for the "very special" temporary price of $749, but say it is the new improved, 100% faster, 2007 model with automotic cutoff. While the 1st website says they won't get the 2007's for another month or so and will be gettign 2006's from the warehouse, pooldoctor says on their website they had sold out all of the Water Tech's 2006 models. Both may be correct, but makes you wonder if paying the extra $75 really gets you anything different. I kind of got impression the 1st company gets their Blue Pearl's from Water Tech's warhouse, and didn't have their own, so you would think whatever is being sold now is the same from either company.

Then, if you look at Tematech and Aquatron, having to do with manufacture of Bravo which is same as Blue Diamond, there is some indication that the pva brushes were devoloped for very smooth surfaces, and they still make a Bravo with rubber brushes. So, my question is, if you have a plaster pool, are pva brushes definitely better than rubber brushes, especially if you get Turbo T, T2 or T4 with jet action and brushing?

Whereas I am convinced there is something different with the Bravo, the Blue Diamond and Bue Pearl that makes then better at smartly covering pool efficiently, the new Turbo T's are really confusing in their claims here. Since these models have jet action and brushing, they are clearly entirely new models and not repackaged from onother manufacturer. However, Aquaproducts never had a prior model that they built themsleves that had any extra efficent programming like the Bravo. They claim the Turbo T is more efficent and reduces cleaning time in 1/2 (from what?) They also say the Turbo T cleans a pool in 3 hours. They claim a T2 cleans in an hour.

Now if you closely at the claims of the Blue Diamond, their 1 hour cleaning becomes 90 minutes for larger pools, and that is in standard mode just to clean the pools bottom. Therefore, it seems to clean a larger pool and its walls, it would be closer to 3 hours, the same claim as the Turbo T and the Blue Pearl. Ths makes you wonder if the main difference is the option for bottom only cleaning, a feature the Dolphin Dynanmic also has.

So how does a Turbo T really compare with a Blue Pearl or Blue Diamond, if you are cleaning bottom and walls -- is the Blue Diamond any quicker than the Bleu Pearl, and is there any real differnce now in the Blue Pearl being sold from the 2 companies, all of which are in NJ of course, along with Water Tech.

Some truly independent consumer compny really needs to thoroughly analayze all these robots regarding their differences and claims.

fjava Guest

This is a copy of an email I got from Blue Diamond... I asked to compare the Blue Diamond Remote and the Dolphin Diagnostic Remote from Costco for $999.99...

>Dear Tom:

Comparing the Blue Diamond Da Vinci Remote with the Dolphin Diagnostic is like comparing a Rolls Royce with a Buick. Dolphin does not make a high end product like Aqua Products and Water Tech do. Aqua Products version is experimental and far from being market or time tested. In fact, many have come back as being defective. The Dolphin Diagnostic is on the same level as the Aquabot Turbo Remote Control, a mid-level cleaner, while the Da Vinci is in a much higher class. O assume you have seen our comparison charts.<

I got my Blue Pearl (2007) model a month or so ago and love it. I returned a Dolphin Diagnostic that was total crap. I was surprised when I first ran the Pearl that after about 2 hours or so it stoped. I called them as they made a point in telling me that the Pearl did not have a shut off timer when I bought it. We discussed its color and the guy at PoolDr was surprised and said that I got a 2007 and that was a new feature that was added.

BTW I love the unit and would highly recommend it.

joliecharlie is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst joliecharlie 0

Where have you all bought your Blue Pearl? Name of website and stores, please;
    I am tired of babysitting Polaris while it cleans.

Is the 2007 Blue Pearl Pink and blue, instead of white and blue? I'm still thinking of getting it. I just don't want to pay 75$ more if other company would be sending me same thing. Also, some keeps selling a new, in box Blue Diamond on for $899 on ebay, with a restricted return policy. Others seem to have bought it form same person without hitch. It just seems almost too good to be true. Seems like, if true, might be worth springing for. I wonder if it might be a year old model or something ,but BD changed any recently regardless? Any thoughts on advanatges of paying:

$675 for "2006 Blue Pearl"
    $749 for "2007 Blue Pearl"
    or $935 for Blue Diamond from ebay?

+ Reply to Thread