+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Blue Pearl Robot - anyone know anything about them?

Default Re: Blue Pearl Robot - anyone know anything about them?

My old classic aqaubot has gotten stuck 2 of the last 3 times I used it. One time it got stuck on the pool light (of all things) and once on the built in steps of plaster pool. I have read all the info here and the websites on blue pearls. In both "stuck" situations, the aquabot hadn't left the water and couldn't remove itself in either direction it tried. So, even with the advances of the Blue Pearl, what might keep it from getting stuck the same way? Maybe the better brush?

My old pool rover plus had issues with being stuck in a pattern, but have to say that the jet drive was very good about not getting compleltely stuck in 1 place. Regardless of the company, do all belt driven robotics risk getting stuck the same way?

Default Re: Blue Pearl Robot -

My Aquabot is broken. I think it could be repaired if I shipped it in but this is its 8th season and I'm not sure it's worth the trouble of shipping it to a repair place. Figure it will cost me a couple hundred by to get it shipped, fixed, and return shipped. Not sure it's worth that to fix an 8-year-old $800 machine.

Anyway, I'm in the market for another robot. Tempted just to get another low-end Aquabot but am looking at the Blue Pearl based on the recommendations here. I see that the brush-head thing looks to be the obvious difference and it's replacement cost is $115 on pooldr. What is that made of? It looks like the stuff pool noodles are made of, am I right? What is the advantage of that over the rubber brush that is on the aquabot? I'm not sure that would clean as well as the rubber brushes. Seems like it would wear faster and not hold up as well to extended exposure to chlorine as the rubber brushes. I have had to replace the rubber brushes on my aquabot once, they get dried out and crack or split in time.

What is your experience so far?

PS. Look, it says I joined Dec 1969! Wow! Talk about an early internet user! I'm quite the innovator!
    Last edited by saraha; 08-01-2006 at 06:41 AM.

Its not even close to pool noodle material. I forget the name of the poymer, but it is rock hard when dry and soft and holds about a gallon of water when it is wet. It does a great job of brushing the walls.

The best way I can describe the material is it feels like pipe insulation when wet. You know the black insulation material for water pipes? When dry, it is hard as a rock. It gives you the impression of a sponge in that it's hard when dry/soft when wet though. I believe the material is actually PVA, whatever that means.

Not to burst anybodies bubble, but the Blue Pearl Robot is a private label, low end Dolphin. Also, this private label in the same level of Dolphin is being sold for $699.00 delivered by many pool suppliers.

Aquabot does the same thing and you can find all kinds of names for their private labels.

But, if it works...........use it.

Quote Originally Posted by dssxxxx
    Not to burst anybodies bubble, but the Blue Pearl Robot is a private label, low end Dolphin. Also, this private label in the same level of Dolphin is being sold for $699.00 delivered by many pool suppliers.

Aquabot does the same thing and you can find all kinds of names for their private labels.

But, if it works...........use it.
    And where do you get this information from?

I have owned the lower end Dolphin Diagnostic that I believe you are speaking of and returned it because it was not working properly (and customer service was terrible). Ordered the Blue Pearl and it does not appear to be the same unit to me. The programming is definatley different, it's faster, lighter, power cord is lighter, appears to have a lot more suction and different brushes just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by rak70
    And where do you get this information from?
    From a Dolphin Distributor. I guess they would know, right? Open the unit up and look for manufacturing location.

What $699 Dolphin is the equivalent though? I don't see one.

As for the manufacuring location, that gets into my questions about Tematech in Israel, who appears to likely make it. However, Tematech seems to sell to Aquabot, not Dolphin, even though both are in Israel?

Rescue30 is offline ** No working email address ** Rescue30 0

The Blue Pearl is manufactured by Watertech , nothing to do with Maytonics' Dolphin cleaners.it is the lower end of the Blue Diamond cleaner line .It is manufactured in the USA .Watertech is owned by the son of Aquabot .Maytronics is a competitor .

+ Reply to Thread