+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Pearl Robot - anyone know anything about them?

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Blue Pearl Robot - anyone know anything about them?

Sounds like a good unit right off the bat! Dolphins are heavy--but that doesn't make them better.
    Carl

Well the Jury is back and the verdict is in -- so far it seems to be a good purchase!

I was a little worried when I first went out to the pool about 20 minutes ago and saw the unit sitting on the bottom of the pool not moving. I paniced at first and thought oh no not another Dolphin situation. But I called them up and asked what was going on. When I ordered it they told me that one of the differences between the Blue Pearl and the Blue Diamond was that the Pearl had no built in timer and it would run forever. They even told me many people go out and buy a $15 electric plug-in timer to shut it down. But when I told him what happened he said I probably got a 2007 unit (my gut response was yeah right). But he asked me what color the unit was and he said yes, they ran out of the 2006 units and have started shipping the 2007. The 2007 has a built in timer and he said he thought it cuts out in a little less than three hours but was not sure about the exact timing.

In anycase, it did a very good job in cleaning the pool in just under 3hrs, it is a 20'x40' IG vinyl pool. There was quite a bit of crap in the pool too, as it has not been cleaned in 5-6 days since I returned the Dolphin. I'll keep you posted.

Tredge is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Tredge 0

Anyone want to buy an almost new Dolphin?
    Some people have hobbies.....I have a pool.

Nice review.....makes me anxious to try out my new Aquabot Viva AKA Blue Diamond RC when I get home in 8 days.

Good review, my dolphin is 2 years old now and still working great (crosses fingers) I will look forward to the reviews in a year from now as a lot of us loved the dolphin at first, I still do, because of course mine is actually working great!

Anyway best of luck and can't wait for Carl's review of the Diamond.

R

Any new news. Is everything going good with the unit? Mine came in the mail the other day but have not had a chance to use it yet...

Its like the Eveready Energizer -- it just keeps going and going, no problems to report as of now.

Well I ran my Blue Pearl yesterday for the first time and I believe I also have the 2007 model. It shut off after about 2 hours.

Seemed to get most of my pool and was much faster than the Dolphin. Way more powerful as well. One problem I saw was it would do wheelies occasionally when coming down from the wall transitions. I have a 35 degree or so slope in the deep end and I saw it ride the back tracks and almost flip on its back when it reached the bottom a couple of times. Like it was too light. Cleancloths is that what you meant when you said you saw yours tumble? Other than that it seemed to do a good job. Most of the pool was cleaned in one cycle, 85% or so, with the only missed spots in the shallow end... Still not sure if I'll keep it or not, I have another week to decide.

Yes I guess that is a similar description to what I noticed. But I am very pleased with it. I was away for 5 days and just came home and threw it in the pool. In just 30 minutes the pool looks great already. I think mine runs closer to 3 hours than 2, but you can always restart it. It does a much better job than the Dolphin. What is really nice is that it makes random turns and does not go in just straight lines.

After using the Blue Pearl some more I've decided it's a keeper. I've run mine about 5-6 times now and am really happy with the results. The coverage is good and it gets the job done very fast. It covers my pool within the first hour or so. 22x40 figure 8.
    Last edited by rak70; 07-27-2006 at 10:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread