Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Quotes on FG Pool

Default Re: Getting Quotes on FG Pool

Quote Originally Posted by eljefe281
    I imagine this is defined by the fact that it's a Viking Cancun, but you may wish to list the dimensions and/or capacity of the pool to assist potential reviewers so they don't have to go look it up.
    Doh...I guess that info would be good to list, thanks. It is 35' x 16' x 6.5' deep.

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hipp
    Waterbear,
    Thanks for the advice and I have read through your posts. Your situation is exactly why I came on this board before getting any quotes. I want to make sure I'm armed with as much info as possible.

The contractor that deals with Viking pools has done 2 pools in my neighborhood so I'll be going to speak with them in the next couple of weeks to see how their experience went.
    I looked at 5 pools that were installed by my contractor and talked to 4 other of his previous customers. It doesn't guarentee anything! Mine had done excellent work but he seemed to fall apart while my pool was being installed.

Does anyone have any input on the standard package listed above? I want to make sure I'm getting properly sized piping, correct pump size, and should I get an additional skimmer?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Just for your information.
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by uneamie
    We just got a quote for a Viking Bermuda (12x25) I believe. Base price was $21,000 with most of the same options you listed give or take a few, but certainly did not have a "waterfall" included which I think could cost a hefty sum. However, we included spa jets on 3 seating areas ($800). The salt water filter ($1400), extra decking, an upgraded pool color, all fencing around the pool and a few other things for a total of $31,000. We thought the price was reasonable although we think we want to go for a slightly larger pool which will cost about $4000 more.

From all that I've read and heard Viking is suppose to be the "best" fiberglass pool. The contractor we contacted said he will not install any other fiberglass pool but Viking due to the better quality which gives him less headaches with installation and complaints down the road. I believed him.
    Understand that filberglass pool installers are dealers who deal with one company for a geographic area. The pool that a particualar dealer/contractor installs is always going to be the 'best".
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

Anyone else have any advice?

We received a in-person quote on Sunday for both a San Juan and CPC pools.

Viking rep is coming out in a few weeks and we finally got in touch with a Blue Hawaiian contractor who should be scheduling an appointment with us today.

Anyone have any experience with using solar heating in the Mid-Atlantic region? I've been reading the threads on this board regarding them but everyone seems to live in warmer climates.

Thanks,
    Bill

I live in maryland also. We are on the same time schedule as you. We have already talked with 6 pool buiilders and recieved quotes. I called Tri-County and did not get a call back for almost 2 weeks. I did not even have them come out after that. I had called another FG builder in Smithsburg and never got a call back. We decide to build a gunnite pool as we have 2 laborador Retrievers who will be in the pool all the time. I would be happy to compare notes if you desire, since we are in the same area. Drop me a message.
    Good Luck
    Bill

Bill,
    It would be great to compare notes to hopefully eliminate any bad pool companies.

I sent you an email through this board with my email address.

Thanks,
    Bill

In the Fall of 2004, our 44' x 16' x 6'6" FG pool was $16,800 installed in NJ. That included shell, filter, ladder, handrail, light, vacuum equipment, etc, a few tandems of pea gravel as backfill and 1 tandem of 3/4" stone. Basic patio was $6.5K, but we added pavers for expansion joints and as the outline of the patio plus bull nose brick on the coping. Patio then came to $9K. I ran all electrical for around $300 for the material (per code). Total, not including landscaping, is at $26,100.

Blue Steel,
    That seems really inexpensive for a FG pool. That pricing seems more like a vinyl lined pool. Can you tell me which brand and model of pool you have. I've seen pricing of about $15k for shells alone in the 36' range.

Have prices gone up on FG pools that much in two years?

www.waterworldpools.com
    I just went on the site and you are right, the prices have really shot up. My pool was around $11.5K, but now:
    16' x 43' x 6' $15,750 (this is cut and pasted off their site)
    We did buy 1 week before they increased the shells by $1,000 across the board. Maybe the cost of the resin increases with the cost of oil?
    At the time, an 18' x 36' vinyl pool was $14,700 installed. I thought the FG was a much better way to go.

Blue Steel,
    Thanks for the info.

I just spoke with Water World and found out why their pools are so inexpensive. Their prices do no include excavating, concrete, electrical, and you need to purchase your own stone and rent a skid loader for moving the stone around.

Did you take care of all that yourself? Sounds like you may have saved some money but I think I would prefer to have one company who is responsible for everything.

Closed Thread