+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much space for Aquarite?

Default How much space for Aquarite?

I have about 16 inches between my heater and the valve before it goes into the ground. Is that enough room to mount everything or will I need to snake pipe around to "make" enough room for it?

Here is a pic of what I have to work with.

Default Re: How much space for Aquarite?

Cruzmisl,

I'm pretty sure 16" is NOT enough as you will need to put the flow switch in-line as well. I'm not positive from the picture but it looks like you have 1.5" piping. If that is the case you will need to add reducers into the equation as the turbocell and flow switch are 2". When I did my Aqualogic install, I believe my calculation for all components including reducers and only leaving 0.25" in between each component was 28.75" total space needed. Unfortunately, I see a snake in your future. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks for the reply. I do have 1.5" plumbing. I wonder if the poolpilot manifold uses less space?

Yes. With the reducer bushings, you'll need about 13" - 14" of pipe.
    Sean Assam
    Commercial Product Sales Manager - AquaCal AutoPilot Inc. Mobile: 954-325-3859
    e-mail: sean@teamhorner.com --- www.autopilot.com - www.aquacal.com

If it is too tight, you can install a Watermaid in less than 4 inches on 1.5 inch pipe.

Mark Manning
    Watermaid Canada
    www.watermaid.ca
    mark@watermaid.ca

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Lightbulb Re: How much space for Aquarite?

Cruz, looks like you've got room to spare. Use the cell with a reducer in the union, 1.25" off the 90 comming out of the heater, cut a peice of 2" pipe 2.5" to connect the other union to hte flw switch tee, then reduce the other end of the tee to the 1.5" pipe (the cell can count as the 1' of straight run required before the flow switch. (on second thought, work it backwards from the valve, at least there's rigid pipe to connect to) What's up with the flex pipe in the filter system?? , ie, why isn't it rigid pipe?? Why is there a clamp on the return valve inlet?? If your pool is new, sue them!, if it's older, looks like you could use a replumb.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread