Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pool building Photos 1

beary is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst beary 0

Default Pool building Photos 1

Hi All

I thought you might enjoy a few pictures as our pool is being built. It's all pretty exciting frosted with a little stress as you can see. Hope this works.

The digging started Saturday midmorning June 10th. They expected the dig to go pretty fast but were slowed down by sandstone about 6 feet deep. They weren't too upset because they have hit rock in the same area. Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but loved watching all the heavy machinery.

That is a lot of dirt. I kind of thought the neighbors would be concerned about the trucks, but they were actually excited for us. And maybe for them.

After the backhole and trucks left, my son stood in the deep end to show the depth. It was kind of funny, everyone keeps telling us this is a big pool. I would have thought they had built many pools about the 18x38 size.

All went well except they hit the sewer, so we were not supposed to drain anything in the sewer until the plumber fix the sewer on Monday. Well there was the one time. Monday the plumber added a temperary splice to hold us through until he could reroute the sewer line on Thursday. Thank goodness.

Watch for "Pool building Photos 2

Have a swimming day.

beary

Default Pool building Photos 2

Hi all

Thursday finally came and the plumber worked all day in 100 degree heat digging through the sandstone and gas line to lay the new sewer pipe. The yellow pipe is the new gas line. He couldn't bury the new pipe until the city inspector came out Friday afternoon.

Whoops, Friday the plumber missed the inspector because he showed up at 8:00 AM. The new sewer pipe failed the inspection because it should have had 45 degree turns instead of a 90. Since the plumber missed the inspector, he also didn’t get the gas inspected either. Meanwhile, my pool had two feet of water in it Friday morning because the plumber forgot that he had cut through my backyard sprinkler cap-off, so when the front yard sprinkler went off Friday morning, the backyard main shot water strait into the pool. It was not his day.

The next Monday, The inspector came out and signed off all the plumbers’ work, so he filled in the trench. We have yet to see any pool guys around since the dig. Tuesday we had no hot water for showers, so I called the plumber and he came out to bleed off the air in the gas pipes and light our water heaters. The very embarrassed plumber made one hour trip without a single complaint. No pool guys yet.

Wednesday the pool guys at showed up 5:00 PM to start staking out the pool for forms and steel. Yes, that is PM and they left a 6:00 PM

Thursday the crew showed up a 9:00 AM and completed 75 percent of the steel work and plumbing by days end expecting to finish Friday.

Friday the crew showed up to finish so that the inspector could inspect the electrical next week. They were run off by rain two hours later, but they manage to get enough done to call the inspector.

It's now Monday and there is about four inches of water left from the three feet on Friday. The gunite is scheduled to be poured (shot?) on Wednesday, but our foreman said he would be out Wednesday morning early to finish the steel work before they pour the gunite.

Have a great week all.

Beary

Default Re: Pool building Photos 1

Our pool people sound like ours. They never seem to wanna show up do they? Hmmm...

Yes, I'm learning a lot about the pool business in OKC. Apparently there is a pool boom going on this summer and all the subcontractors are working 18 hour days trying to keep up. We had our gunite shot yesterday and while we watched, I spent a lot of time talking to our crew supervisor. I was surprised to learn that he works for several Pool companies and he would have been building my pool even if I had chosen one of two other companies. That was strange but good news because each campany has a very good reputation.

I was told by the owner of another pool company that everyone is very busy and he actually felt that I was getting very good service. So I'm not complaining. Well except for the fact that we don't know what is going to happen until the day before it happens.

My problem has been they show up and ask us how we want things as they are building the pool, not a day or two before. So I told my supervisor that I need him to give me some ideas of how we can make the steps on our padio a couple days before they pour. He understood my frustration and promised he would give us some time.

By the way, I got some great shots of our gunite being shot, poored, or is it sprayed. I will send them as soon as I can get them off the cameria.

have a great week

baseballmom22 is offline ** No working email address ** baseballmom22 0

Talking Re: Pool building Photos 1

I feel for you. I guess I lucked into a really great pool company. I get a call at least once a day from the super to let me know what's happening the next day. I normally see him in the afternoon when I get home, so we're touching base sometimes twice a day. We dug on June 6th, and if we hadn't had to have a two way cleanout on the sewer, we'd have been swimming by now. We lost five days getting a plumber out and waiting on the city inspectors. We're set for plaster on Wednesday. We could have been done on Monday, but the holiday has set us back. My neighbors have been so amazed at how quickly we've been built, and they are quite shocked at how professional the company and crews have been. We'll be swimming just in time for July TX heat.

y0manda is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst y0manda 0

being the fastest pool builder doesnt make him a great one! be sure your gunite cures for 28 days before plaster.

baseballmom22 is offline ** No working email address ** baseballmom22 0

I checked these guys out for two years, and many customers by their list and just by word of mouth. They've been in business for 20 years, and I have yet to find a single complaint. I even went to companies that do repair work around here, and I asked about a several companies. I have several friends from the city, and I asked around there too. There were several that I found that had issues, and a couple that didn't. I tended to stay away from the "national" companies, and finally settled on bids for the smaller, local companies. I did alot of research on companies in my area for two years. While I know that the faster companies are not always the best, I went with a company that I knew had a good reputation for being an honest company that wouldn't dig me a hole and never show back up.

Baseballmom22...who is building your pool? I too live in Texas (Houston Area) and we are currently waiting to get started. All of the rain in the past few days have delayed our project significantly.

Hi All

Here is a couple pics a couple days after shooting the gunite. I have some great shots of the crew shooting the gunite, but it is on my other camera. I will send them as soon as I can.

Beary

y0manda is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst y0manda 0

Looks really nice!

Closed Thread