+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are all CYA testing reagent drops the same?

Question Are all CYA testing reagent drops the same?

Hello All,
    I have the hth 5 way drop kit from walmart. At the moment we only have an Intex donut 16'round. I test cl and ph everyday. I ran out of the CYA reagent.
    There are 2 pool stores in my city. They do not have CYA testing reagent drops.
    I have been searching on line and have found several sites to buy the CYA reagent drops but I don't know if they will work for my hth kit.

Can anyone give me a heads up?

Thank You for Your Time,
    ~Hoffmans

Default Re: Are all CYA testing reagent drops the same?

What's the price difference between ordering the CYA drops on line with S&H versus just buying another $12 kit from Walmart to get more CYA drops?

Rangeball
    Well good question, but in the walmart test kit the CYA reagent bottle is only .75oz . And I think I can get bigger bottles online- like say 2oz or 3oz . And I really don't need all the other stuff that comes in a kit. I am just trying to find my CYA reading and ran out of reagent.

Thank you again,
    ~hoffmans

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

As far as I know, they are all the same. You might try calling hth's number off your instructions, though--there have been other posters in the past that say that hth will send you free refills for that kit.

Janet

Whoochee mama!
    I would looove some free reagent!

Thaaank you Janet!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Be sure that the mixing ratio is 1:1--otherwise you can get a mess. ALL the kits I've seen use 1:1 for CYA--even some odd-ball stand-alone kits.

You can get a quart jug of Taylor R-0013 and store it in a cool, dark, dry place for a good long time. That's what I do--it's about half gone now--got another few seasons I think!
    Carl

The little blue guy? I just got him off the net sometime over the years. You can save almost any image on the net (check for property rights), just right click on the image and choose *save as*, save it to your desk top or something. I have hundreds of gif. and jpeg. images. I use them to liven up emails, ebay pages ect. ect.
    If the image is a protected image you will find out when you click *save* - a pop up box will appear telling you that you can not save that image.

If you want him- take him, just right click on him and save him to your computer somewhere.

You all can take any of the icons/images/gifs/jpeg that I use. They are fun for everyone!

So...back to business..... I called hth. Sounded like a high school student on her summer telemarketing job. She had no clue how to help me. She put me on hold and when she came back she told me that I "don't need anymore because I am only supposed to test for CYA 2x a season.".
    I laughed.

~Hoffmans

Wow Thanks CarlD for the major heads up on the jug!

~hoffmans

I just went through this same thing w/ HTH. The gal I got on the line had no clue about the kit. All she could tell me was my stuff isn't working right - DUH, that's why I called??! Hardness went from yellow to pale yellow - not blue to red. Alkalinity went from Green to yellow not Green to red. All she could tell me is I needed to go buy a new kit. I just bought this one 6 weeks ago and it was working correctly when I bought it.

Off to Walmart to drop another $13.

Presently I'm not a happy HTH customer.

"So...back to business..... I called hth. Sounded like a high school student on her summer telemarketing job. She had no clue how to help me. She put me on hold and when she came back she told me that I "don't need anymore because I am only supposed to test for CYA 2x a season.".
    I laughed. ""

+ Reply to Thread