+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward Heat Pump - What type?

Default Hayward Heat Pump - What type?

Hi -

Very newbie here in the process of buying an inground pool. The pool will be a 20x38 "Lake" with a 6ft deep end. We want to heat the pool by heat pump. Our pool company is suggesting the Hayward HP3100. Not sure we need all those bells and whistles. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm thinking we only need the HP21002.

Thanks,
    Dar
    :D New and Need Help ;)

adl6009 Guest

Default Re: Hayward Heat Pump - What type?

I really can't give you much information except to say I am in the process of installing a 21002 into my existng pool. For me the task is a little troublesome because the installer of my pool 12 years ago did a bunch of weird conversions with the pipe system. He installed part hayward and part pentair products, this I think has caused problems for me. Staying with 1 manufacturer is probably a good idea. I would also suggest making sure everything is "standard" and as designed by the factory. As far as the 3100 is concerned I guess it depends on whether you will need to cool your water. Are you in a very warm climate? The one added feature I went for was the dual thermostat so if I add a hot tub in the future the heat pump will be ready for it. I had never heard of a 6 foot deep inground pool. Is that deep enough?

+ Reply to Thread