+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Doughboy or Esther Williams????

Default Doughboy or Esther Williams????

Hi guys. Am a newbie, but am debating between the desert spring doughboy or the esther williams brand pool. I have heard more good than bad things about doughboy and really like the style best. Any advice from you folks that might own one or the other???????

Default Re: Doughboy or Esther Williams????

Hi tracyb

You might want to look at the pools we are looking at.
    The Artesian pools are very very good pools. The Echo Canyon, the Emerald Isle and the Diamond Crest. I think those are the top 3 . They have lessexpensive pools but I like those 3 the best. Here is a link:
    http://www.swimartesian.com/showroom/pool_diamond.asp
    That link will take you to their most expensive pool but, you can see all their pools on their main site. Just visit the site and click around to see all that they have to offer. Their 2 Top of the line pools come in 36'round !!! major selling point for us! Thepoolplaceonline is an site that sells these pools. I think one of the members here has bought the Echo Canyon from them. The company is based out of Tennessee. I did get a price quote via email for the Diamond, it was pretty steep- steep like my local pool store steep! I have been trying to call them on the phone to get prices on their other pools but EVERY time I call, I get a busy signal! Helloooo...... I want to buy a pool here....

Here is the site we will probably be buying from :
    They sell 2 top of the line pools. One is called the Ultima ( it is manfacured by Artesian ) If i recall the warranty is 60 years . The other one is even better. It is called the Platinum ( it is manfactured by Wil-Bar which I think it is the parent company of Sharkline.) This pool has a Life-Time Warranty.
    We hope to get the Platinum. I called the company and talked to them. They are willing to forego the "kit" and work w/ me on the type of pump/filter I want or do whatever it takes to make me happy. They seem like great people who don't make you feel like you are being scammed. They said they are the largest distributer in the country. They find the very best pools on the market and sell them. Visit the website and click around to see all that they have to offer.
    http://www.sunenterprises.com/platinumpools.htm
    Their biggest is 33' round.

I was also very tempted by the Tahitian manfactured by Sharkline. There is a thread here somewhere about them.

And yes the DoughBoy Poola are great. Just ask hrsDennis ! I love love love the gallery section on their website. Great place for decking inspiration.
    I dont' know much about the Ester Williams but from what I have heard it has all been good. Aren't they a sister company of DoughBoy?

Have fun picking out a pool.
    It's been an eyeopening experience for us.
    ~Hoffmans

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Esther Willliams is a sister company to Johnny Weismuller pools. But the EW is the high end, and the JW is the more economical line. I don't know of any connection with Doughboy.

Both have excellent reputations.
    Carl

what is the website you were talking about for decking ideas? just ask hrsdennis? Also, if you are buying this pool online.....are you installing it yourself????

Hi, my homepage is listed in my profile and the top left link will get you to the pool stuff. I like Doughboy because I build at least one a day. I build all of the other brands here and there, but since my two biggest dealers both sell Doughboy, that's what I do the most of.

I like them because they are a quality pool, I cannot remember the last time a part was missing and all of the parts fit together the way they are supposed to every time.

Knowing how frustrating it can be when the parts don't fit or the holes don't line up, and knowing how costly missing parts can be timewise, for me they are an installers dream.

There once was a time when Doughboy was just a standout choice among a few selections. Now there are a lot of good pools to choose from. I am still glad, however, that my local stores sell Doughboy.

Lomart is the sister company to Doughboy. Whatever you get, enjoy.

Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

ohhh yeah it's Lowmart that is the sister company to Dougboy! I stand corrected. I knew there was a sister company out there....

What I was saying was: I love going to the Doughboy website and looking at the GALLERY. They have tons of pictures there w/ decks surrounding the pools. Beautiful ideas to keep in mind.

We will be buying a pool online. Why? Because of the price!
    And yes we will be installing it ourselves. Just read this forum and you can follow how many people did it themselves, albeit w/ the help of hrsDennis and some of the others, but read read read and you will learn learn learn. And maybe just learn that "hey.... if they can do it, so can I !!"
    Or you can just find a local installer and pay them to do it.

I never would have thought my husband & I could do it. But after a year of scavaging thru this site from top to bottom, I have confidence we can do it.

*Thanks to all out there
    ~Hoffmans

Yeah well, the Doughboy site is nice too. , I just thought you were talking about mine.

Anyway, yes, we are always here to help.

Best of luck, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

I guess I feel like maybe paying that much I would prefer it to be set up right, cause if a failure or mistake, they have to fix it. Here's my deal. pool and install plus quick crete at thirty ft w fifty two inch walls.......ladder, solar cov, pump 1.1/5 hp pump etc....$7119
    What do you all think.............

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I keep telling people that the monster that bites you in the bottom is the site. It must be level, stable and smooth. Site preparation is THE big headache in pool installation and where costs can sky-rocket. A pool installer cannot tell you this unless they view and measure the site.

Plus it's always cheaper and easier to dig down than build up to get a level site--I had to build up, AND have sprinkler feed lines moved.
    Carl

If you don't mind me asking.....what are you paying for your pool and kit online? And what state do you live in? I am in southern illinois. I listed to price in a previous post ($7118) for everything incl. pool krete and installation.....and obviously the pool, pump ladder skimmer, ets.

+ Reply to Thread