+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward LED Color Light - Anyone have one?

Default Hayward LED Color Light - Anyone have one?

I have a 20x40 diamondbrite pool (recently redone in a light color). When I had the pool redone, I got an estimate for a Hayward LED color light (this one - http://www.haywardnet.com/products/n...colorlogic.cfm ), but the pool contractor installed a "SAM" light instead ( http://www.bargainpoolsupplies.com/iglights.htm ). I talked to him about it, and he indicated the SAM light is much brighter than the Hayward LED light and that I would not be happy with the LED light in a pool the size of mine (and the fact that it does not have a reflective fiberglass finish). Does anyone out there have a Hayward light installed in a pool the size of mine - or seen one in action? How did it look? Bright or disappointing? If anyone has seen both types of lights, that would be a great comparison.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Devon

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

I have seen the SAM light in a small fiberglass pool which is why I installed a Fiberstars halogen with a color wheel in my small fiberglass pool

Waterworks is offline In the pool biz Thread Analyst Waterworks 0

In a 20' X 40' pool I'd usually put 1 SAm or 2 ColorLogics. I think the 2 CL's would give a bit more light than the single SAm, but since youre left with only one niche, I would say that the SAm would definitly give you more light.

Brad

I have almost the exact same pool (20x40, diamondbrite) and I recently installed an Svision 231-LED light, which I think is very similar to the Hayward. I chose the Svision since it was available in a bulb-only version that fit my existing niche.

It is definitely not as bright as the 300W incandescent buld it replaced, so if that type of brightness is your goal, then stay with the SAM. I considered replacing mine due to that issue. However, after a few nights, I realized I like the light that I get. It is a soft glow that fills the whole pool, so you can safely see your way around the far end and into the corners. The simplicity of the bulb - no moving parts - and its purported longevity also appeal to me. And the 40W power consumption means I can guiltlessly run it all evening.

+ Reply to Thread