+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @##${&% (darnit)

Default @##${&% (darnit)

Just received my brand new Dolphin Diagnostic. Yahoo!

I was anxious to see that sucka work. Watched the video and read the owners manual (sad though it is - they try to paint words with pictures and it doesn't work), then went outside and launched that baby. I expected it to take off like the cleaning demon its supposed to be. It barely moved. Oh, it made a piitful attempt to climb the wall, then it settled back on its blue, red, and yellow carcass, whimpering pitifully. It seems that in the few seconds it was under power, one of the brushes just fell out of the unit.

Does anyone have experience with this manufacturer's service? I guess I may want to call my bank and have that credit card transaction put on hold.

-Jim
    Jim
    16' x 32' / 15,400 gal / IG vinyl
    All testing done with
    PS234 test kit

Default Re: @##${&% (darnit)

Sorry about your luck. All these recent dead Dolphin stories have kind of made up my mind to stick to a Blue Diamond or Aquabot vs. a Dolphin though.

VOLDADDY is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher VOLDADDY 1 star

It is becoming more and more frequent that you see dead Dolphin stories being posted. Maybe you guys just got some lemons, or maybe they outsourced the labor to...oops, I won't go there. Don't want to get into politics here. Where did you buy it from? I would call them and tell them you want a brand new unit Fed-Ex'd to you ASAP along with a call tag to return the damaged one. Being that it is brand new, seems like it's the least they can do. Or if you bough it locally, return it for a new one. Good luck in getting resolution. I'm glad my little Aquabot is still purring along.

fcfrey is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst fcfrey 0

Can't resist pileing on.
    I bought and fought with my Dolphin and Maytronics for two years. It got stuck everwhere and went back and forth and back and forth and back and forth ...................................
    The final straw was I saw marks where the dolphin got stuck ---- It actually wore the color off the liner

I have replaced the dolphin with an Aquabot T-4 and don't know why I waited so long.

Send the dolphin back if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I had two good years--now the Dolphin's in the shop and they can't find ANYTHING wrong--so far.

We shall see...
    Carl

Well, here's my experience since I originally posted:

Unit was purchased on-line from lesliespools.com. It was on sale for $698. There were at least four different business entities involved in the transaction. Leslies (who sold it), Funbackyard.com (I don't know what role they played), Smart Pool (who shipped the unit), and Maytronics (the manufacturer). Tried contacting all but was able to talk only to Smart Pool. Left a message at Leslie's who promised to call back within 72 hours. They didn't and they haven't.

Smart Pool offered to take the unit back and repair it, plus they are covering all shipping costs, which seems fair enough. Yet another business entity enters the picture here (number five) in that my instructions were to ship it to Arrow Motor & Pump in Wyandotte, Michigan, who apparently will do the repair. No one has offered a refund.

In the past five years I've bought lots of things on-line. This was probably one of my more expensive on-line purchases and I am really second guessing myself about it. Service from on-line sellers is generally pitiful. But when you live in a small town 125 miles from any metro area, on-line buying can be very convenient (though risky).

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences.

-Jim
    Jim
    All testing done with
    PS234 test kit

Voldaddy:

I have had my aquabot for 1 yr now and love it. To me it's too good to be true. Have you had to replace many parts?

Thanx

Rollinrock,

My new Dolphin fell apart right out of the frickin' box , so there has not been an opportunity to replace any parts. Once it is returned to me in a repaired state, I hope there won't be a need to replace parts, for awhile anyway.

I think its great that you are enjoying your Aquabot. I hope in a year or so I can post the same thing about my Dolphin.

-Jim
    Jim
    All testing done with
    PS234 test kit

Quote Originally Posted by cheshamjim
    Just received my brand new Dolphin Diagnostic. Yahoo!

I was anxious to see that sucka work. Watched the video and read the owners manual (sad though it is - they try to paint words with pictures and it doesn't work), then went outside and launched that baby. I expected it to take off like the cleaning demon its supposed to be. It barely moved. Oh, it made a piitful attempt to climb the wall, then it settled back on its blue, red, and yellow carcass, whimpering pitifully. It seems that in the few seconds it was under power, one of the brushes just fell out of the unit.

Does anyone have experience with this manufacturer's service? I guess I may want to call my bank and have that credit card transaction put on hold.

-Jim

I would do exactly as you state at the end - tell the credit card company and don't pay for it - just send it back.

Holy *RAP! Where were all these complaints when I was researching this on here a month ago? LOL I swear I was searching and found nothing but praise for it, and suddenly theres a flood of complaints *AFTER* I bought one? Mine does a pretty good job I think. Lets hope my luck doesnt change.

+ Reply to Thread