+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skimmer Belching White junk into my pool!

Default Skimmer Belching White junk into my pool!

I just bought a house with an in-ground salt pool so I am new to this. Everything works great but everytime I turn on the jacuzzi booster pump, within 5-10 minutes my skimmer starts to dump lots of white cloudy stuff into the pool. This ruins the water clarity and I have to run the filter for a few hours to clear this up. I just had my filter completely serviced. Just had the water tested and everything is perfect.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

-Greg

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

Default Re: Skimmer Belching White junk into my pool!

sounds like DE coming out, do you have a DE filter?

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons
    I just bought a house with an in-ground salt pool so I am new to this. Everything works great but everytime I turn on the jacuzzi booster pump, within 5-10 minutes my skimmer starts to dump lots of white cloudy stuff into the pool. This ruins the water clarity and I have to run the filter for a few hours to clear this up. I just had my filter completely serviced. Just had the water tested and everything is perfect.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

-Greg

Does it have a multi-port valve? You shouldn't be getting any flow back from your filter to your skimmer, flow should only be from skimmer to filter.

Perhaps your valve is going bad, but I'm having a hard time imagining this scenario. Is it coming from your skimmer, or return?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangeball
    Does it have a multi-port valve? You shouldn't be getting any flow back from your filter to your skimmer, flow should only be from skimmer to filter.

Perhaps your valve is going bad, but I'm having a hard time imagining this scenario. Is it coming from your skimmer, or return?
    I THINK the filter is a DE type but I need to check this. The white cloudy stuff is coming out of the skimmer and not the return, no question about that.

I just thought of something else that may be a factor. Using the jacuzzi booster jets for more than 15 minutes causes the entire water contents in the jacuzzi to empty. I'm assuming that all this water is going through the filter and into the pool via the return. I then have to turn off the jacuzzi jets and turn on the filter to bring water back into the jacuzzi. Could this be related to my skimmer dumping white cloudy stuff into my pool?

Thanks for your help on this.

+ Reply to Thread