+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Automatic AG cleaner??

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

Default Best Automatic AG cleaner??

I'm looking for some opinions.
    What would you say is the best AG cleaner, my wife would like something that doesn't just stir up the dirt and mix it into the water.
    A couple of things that may limit our hoices are:
    The return isn't standard, it's an aqualuminator Light, so I would prefer to have a cleaner that works off the skimmer only instead of having to install another return valve.
    Cannot use anything powered or assisted by a garden hose since the pool is too far from the house to get a hose to it.

Default Re: Best Automatic AG cleaner??

The local pool place had the Aquabug on sale for $100, so i grabbed one. I was skeptical after being disappointed by the piece of junk auto cleaner that came with the pool. But the aquabug worked great, best $100 i have spent on the stupid pool.

I just bought the DIver Dave version. It works pretty good for the most part. It seems to have a slight problem going up the cove and cleaning by the walls. I dont know if that just because my pool is dirtier than normal. The only other problem I have it sometimes it wants to flip over. I think that may have to do with the way my return is positioned.

I am quite happy with the Hayward Diver Dave cleaner and for the price I dont think you can beat it.

I also have Diver Dave and he works great! I didn't think he'd work as good as he does - I let him dive all day long and he circulates the water better and sucks up everything at the bottom.

Good luck

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

We have the Sta Rite Lil Shark and are pretty happy with it, except that the 30' hose is not long enough for a 33' pool. Only one moving part, a 0(wide)-4(small) for settings/patterns - works on suction side, doesn't stir anything up, but like any of these, if you have a ladder, it will "stall" underneath as it gets stuck there - have something there for it to bounce off of and your ok.
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

looks like you're all suggesting the same or similar cleaners - thanks for the quick feedback on this.
    My steps aren't a big problem, they have a weight piece under them causing a full vertical block so nothing can get through, cleaner should bounce off and turn around.
    Not sure if the aquabug or derivative thereof have setting adjustments, that's really the only difference I can see between them and the lil shark.
    Thanks again!

I just went through the same thing your going through, and after reading some of the problems that people on here and epinions.com had with their Aquabug I went with the RoboKleen by Dolphin, and I couldn't be happier. I really like that I don't have to mess with those large hoses and getting all the air out of them and running all the junk through my pump and filter. The Robokleen couldn't be easier to use just toss it in and turn it on. It's enternal filter bag is easy to clean, and because I don't have to run the pump with it I will save the $220 I paid for it in a couple of years.

+ Reply to Thread