Closed Thread

Thread: Vacuum problems

Default Vacuum problems

My pump is working well with great pressure. I have brushed the sides down completely and now need to vacuum. The problem is when I hook up my vacuum (both the manual & the automatic) I lose pressure after 5 minutes of vacuuming, and have to shut it down and restart to regain pressure. I have tried backwashing, but that doesn't solve the problem.

The water is clear, but it needs to be vacuumed desparately.

24' round vinyl A/G pool.

Thanks

Default Re: Vacuum problems

I hope someone answers you soon. I am just experiencing the same problem.
    Water level is good pressure appears to be good. Start up the vacuum and my pump is like a giant suction as I watch the water disappear in the viewer of the pump. Reminds me of a toilet flushing.
    Bekka

duraleigh Guest

BC, Bekka,

If the water is dropping in your pump basket, like bekka's, you are sucking air into the system when you hook up that vacuum.

Look in the skiimer where you have attached the hose and see if that connection is remaining submerged (not letting any air in). If that's not it, check your hose connections. If that's not it, your search needs to be from the head of the vacuum to the connection of your hose into the skimmer. The air is getting in somewhere between those two points. Post back if you find it and let others know.

I checked all of the recommendations and the vacuum still wasn't working and I didn't have any leaks. I took apart the filter connections and retightened them all as I was told that although water wasn't dripping, air was getting in from somewhere when I attached the vacuum. This did it. Pool looks great.

Thanks

Closed Thread