+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having a pool installed next year with salt system. Is ozone addition a good thing?

Default Having a pool installed next year with salt system. Is ozone addition a good thing?

Hey, been a long time since I've been here and glad this place is still active. Got divorced, got a new woman and we bought a house. So we are putting in a pool next spring and the quote includes "Autopilot Nano Plus" salt system. I asked the pool guy why it was more than original quote and he said that it has an ozone generator and he could save us $400 if we want just the salt system.

Anyhow I know nothing really about salt systems, nevermind ozone. Is it worth it? Do they work well?

I've got a log of catching up to do.

Thanks!

Default Re: Having a pool installed next year with salt system. Is ozone addition a good thi

Well I found my answers but they are all old threads, like from 2006. I'd assume things have improved but the lack of new info tells me nothing has changed much. I think I'm going to skip the ozonator. I'm not even sure I want the salt water generator.

Default Re: Having a pool installed next year with salt system. Is ozone addition a good thi

As you’ve noticed by now, this forum is no longer active. It is pretty much just a place to look up information. If you’re looking for an active forum that teaches the same principles, then check out troublefreepool.com
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Interesting. I saw troublefreepools.com and thought it looked like a ripoff of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by frayedend View Post
    Interesting. I saw troublefreepools.com and thought it looked like a ripoff of this place.
    Opinions vary some, and some personalities clash between here and there, but the basic pool care principles and teachings are sound and pretty much the same.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread