+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Light green tinted pool water

Default Light green tinted pool water

Can leaves stain a vinyl liner? We always open to leaves in the pool since we have so many trees. However this year I can’t get a light lime colored green into out of the pool. First time this ever happened every other year I got the pool crystal clear in less than 2 weeks

Water Test Results
    FC – 5 ppm
    CC - 0
    PH - 7.6
    Alk - 90

So far I’ve removed all matter from the pool, shocked it 2X, ran filter 24 hrs. for 2 days.
    I’ve read the suggestions on staining and willing to give that a try but would like to know first if this is the logical next step. Thanks!

Other information
    Pool is 12 yrs. old, 45X25 with a “L”, 40,000 gal, Blue vinyl liner (original), DE filtered, gas heated (heater not turned on yet). We get so much rain I can count on one hand the times I’ve added water – no non-rain water added this year. I use pucks until my stabilizer is where I want it then use liquid chlorine or bleach. I test and adjust my water. Last year had the pool closed and they added Algaecide, I tell them not to add any chems. If it’s metal staining only 2 things I can come up with is possible copper algaecide used or corrosion from the pool heater.
    NJ Pool: In Ground, 40,000 Gal vinyl liner, chlorinated using BBB, Gas Heated, DE Grid filtration.
    FL Pool: 10K gal gunite, chlorinated with 3'' pucks, cartridge filter, spill over spa

Default Re: Light green tinted pool water

I am starting to think (hope) this is an organic issue and have gone back to basic spring open procedures. High chlorination overnight and constant siltering. I'll follow up with results.
    NJ Pool: In Ground, 40,000 Gal vinyl liner, chlorinated using BBB, Gas Heated, DE Grid filtration.
    FL Pool: 10K gal gunite, chlorinated with 3'' pucks, cartridge filter, spill over spa

+ Reply to Thread