+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's been a long time since I was here. Can someone help me find...

Default It's been a long time since I was here. Can someone help me find...

Hi,

This is Scott. I had been an adopted and advocate for BBB since Ben started many many years ago. I am know in my area as the expert in sparkling pool BBB guy in our neighborhood for decades.

My question is this. I am having my 27' round above ground buried pool replaced on 6/6/19. The new pool comes with a Haywood Salt Generator. It's included in price, they won't take off.
    So, I guess I am going to give it a try.
    I have found only 1 article of BBB for SWC. Btw, the article references Ben, and Lyons. The article is terribly technical and doesn't provide a quick, concise method. The method is called BABE.
    It does mention some drawback of essentially using borax in salt.

Can someone please help me? I hate to just disgard a $600 generator, but don't want to do anything that stops me from a sparkling water pool.

Again, please help.

TIA,
    Scott

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: It's been a long time since I was here. Can someone help me find...

Can you point me to the article?

People have different ideas what BBB means, but generally, FC = 3 - 10% of CYA levels work well. CYA =>50 - 100 ppm; pH on the higher end of things UNLESS you have problems with calcium or scale.

Hi Ben,

I didnt notice it was you responding. Way back in, I think the 90s, we spoke directy, purchased your pool kit, you gave me valuable advise and I have been the local expert (among all my friends with pools and spa) since.

I remember my friends thought I was crazy. Told them about you and NC State pool method. Showed them my results and urged them to ditch their pool store chemicals.

Back then I had both pools and Spas in Ralegh and here at Carolina Beach.

You really changed my life (I'm a real pool, spa, and beach person here in my retirement..

Thanks again my friend. BTW, I was able to post link in the reply to my post. I hope I did it right.

Sincerely,
    Scott Estrich
    Sestri
    C

--
    Sent from myMail for Android

Thursday, 23 May 2019, 02:03PM -04:00 from The PoolForum forum@poolforum.com:

Dear sestrich,

PoolDoc has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - It's been a long time since I was here. Can someone help me find... - in the Salt Generators (SWCG) & other Chlorine Feeders forum of The PoolForum.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr....?goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Can you point me to the article?

People have different ideas what BBB means, but generally, FC = 3 - 10% of CYA levels work well. CYA =>50 - 100 ppm; pH on the higher end of things UNLESS you have problems with calcium or scale.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    The PoolForum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/subscri...c52aea387d09f7

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/subscri...n&folderid=all

+ Reply to Thread