+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auqua Pro pool pump not working

Default Auqua Pro pool pump not working

I have an 1.25hp Aqua Pro variable speed pool pump with an Impower speed selection switch on it. the pump is about 5 years old and has worked fine until 2 days ago. When pushing pump switch the power light and high speed light comes on, no error light blinking. The motor/pump doesn't make any noise what so ever. I have power going to the switch but using a cheap multi meter I show no power after the switch, granted there are a lot of wires and I may not have hit the right combination. I checked the circuit board and nothing looks burnt or swollen. there is no reset button on the motor that I can find.

I would hate to replace the motor if its just a switch or board.

I would appreciate any information that I can get. Thank you

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Auqua Pro pool pump not working

Sorry, but I can't offer any help . . . and the PoolForum site is pretty much 'static' with hardly any new traffic.

However, I did a bit of checking.

"Aqua Pro" has never been a recognized pool pump brand; they may have had some 'me-too' pumps, but they were never part of the market. They may have had some presence with newer pool makers and builders using Chinese equipment; that's hard for me to know, since those products move outside the normal pool product channels.

But there's worse news: the "brand", "Aqua Pro" is now owned by GP Enterprises, Ltd . . . which appears to be a US importer for some Chinese manufacturers.

Bottom line? It's unlikely there is any real 'customer support' to be had. If there is any commonality I've seen with Chinese products -- besides inconsistent, but often poor, manufacturing quality -- it's the nearly absolute lack of customer support. You can try for yourself, though: http://www.gppumpsus.com/contact-us.html

+ Reply to Thread