+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Dolphin is sick!

Default My Dolphin is sick!

My Dolphin Dynamic died after 6 great cleanings. I power it up and it does 2 little twists and goes 1 foot and stops. It has done this 12 straight re-starts. I tried power down and back up, fresh clean filter, straightened the cord, inspected for debris in the impeller, and re-programed using the remote. I got it to work once, however it just kept going back and forth about 20 feet in the same pattern.

I did notice that one side of the handle lock (the side that pulls up) will not lock tightly. I can move it back and forth with little force. Also I noticed that it floats a little. I pulled it out many times trying to get all the air out by tilting it sideways underwater.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    JD

Default Re: My Dolphin is sick!

Sorry to hear your new pet is ill I too recently got one and hope the sickness has not spread. I do recall reading in the manual that if it floats you should add some weights to the handle. Hope that helps. Probably you should return it for another one. I bought mine at Costco (via the net) and you can just take it to any Costco store at anytime if you are ever not happy with it for a full refund.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

It's still under warranty. Contact Smartpool.com about warranty repairs. They SHOULD cover shipping on such a new unit. I had to pay to ship mine, but only the motor is still under warranty. It's sick too, but I got nearly 2 years of use from it.

I am VERY concerned about the recent number of failures with Dolphins.
    Carl

UPDATE:
    Smartpool issued a call tag for repair. Picked up 6/24. Received back 7/5.
    Upon unpacking I noticed it was wet and slimey packed well in a pastic bag with proper material. (Why didn't they dry it off before packing.) Also the remote was not properly sealed using the 3 screws. I am missing 1 of the filter bag black plastic clamps. Unit was dirty, looks like they took it out of their dirty pool right into the box sent to me.

WORK DONE:
    Replaced broken handle latch and outer casing was seperated.

TEST:
    Put in pool and it imediately started the back and forth pattern. Reset. Started the 2 short forward twists and then stops. (Their Repair card lists this as a defect but was not checked. Water in Box.)
    Using remote I set cycle to 6 hrs. and it started up and runs.
    However, It is not picking up all the fine dirt on the bottom of my pool. Seems like it runs a little slower too.

It is running right now and hasn't finished. I have not set it to climb walls yet. I will report back.

JD

duraleigh Guest

Wow! This thread along with Carl's saga and Cleancloths' experience demonstrates just how valuable the forum can be.

I have been looking at robots for a few weeks and, naturally, was leaning towards the dolphins just because of their popularity.

Thanks to ya'll, I am approaching my purchase with a good deal more caution.....Thanks.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

That really stinks that they lost a clip and didn't reassemble the remote correctly.

Mine, too, arrived soaking wet in a plastic bag. I had used the original box to ship it, but they didn't return that.

None of the would have mattered if the d*** thing worked right when it came back!
    Carl

Dont want to rub it in guys but my Aquabot Turbo has ran like a dream for two yrs. Best investment I ever made. I sit poolsdie and watch itt for hours with my little green bottles of refreshment. The only probelm is I forgot how to vaccum.

Quote Originally Posted by rollinrock
    Dont want to rub it in guys but my Aquabot Turbo has ran like a dream for two yrs. Best investment I ever made. I sit poolsdie and watch itt for hours with my little green bottles of refreshment. The only probelm is I forgot how to vaccum.

Your little green bottles should be an absolute NO NO by the pool!!! Glass should never come anywhere near a pool as it can create a deadly hazard if it breaks and gets in the pool. Switch to cans or pour it in a plastic cup before you get near the water.

sailork is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst sailork 0

I dunno, I think if he ever breaks one into the pool he should do a little expiriment and sit there and drink some more and see how well the Aquabot Turbo does with glass. He might be out there all night but it sounds like a worthy issue for study.

"33"
    22,000 gal gunite pool, 1.5 hp pump, DE filter, and dreams of a SWG.

duraleigh Guest

Additionally,

Always have clean underwear when you go out and don't run with scissors.

+ Reply to Thread