Ok I tried the bucket test, yes found loss of water from pool more than bucket. I then checked skimmer bottom because of past leak from cracking at base, sealed with wet weld 5 or 6 yrs. ago was all good until now, I found cracks in wet weld,

So my next test was Red dye (food Coloring) in the skimmer after .5 hrs. color decreased but no direct stream to crack and no color back into pool from skimmer throat, after 2 hrs. color completely gone, So still wandering I closed off the throat of the skimmer with 2 pieces of heavy foam to make water stop entering skimmer chamber (all equip off) I then marked water level in skimmer chamber to see how much the level would drop, after about 4 hrs. the level was the same as marked earlier,

My question is if skimmer only holds approx. 1.5 gals being closed off from pool, did it stop the leaking because of not having the 7 or 8 inches of water pressure from the rest of pool water not getting into chamber by me blocking it off. (hope you understand) So sorry to say pool closed 3 days ago, but don't want to sit all winter wondering why. What can I use to seal cracks in skimmer since wet weld only worked a couple of yrs.

Thank for you time

Hoping Tdraym