+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home Warranty Denial

Default Home Warranty Denial

I recently bought a home with a salt water pool. Bought a Home Owners Warranty that included the salt water pool.

The warranty includes "salt water control unit". Not covered includes "boards".

I have an AQ-Rite Goldline Controls Unit with a Hayward GLX-PCB-RITE board which need to be replaced, but warranty company says board is not included in coverage. I thought the board is the control unit.

How should I proceed with the warranty company?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Home Warranty Denial

Ouch! As they say, the "devil is in the details".

In this case, it sounds like your warranty has enough unspecific language to allow them to avoid paying up. As far as I know "salt water control unit" is not industry standard terminology for any thing. Interestingly, I 'googled' the phrase, and it turns our the ONLY people who use it are home warranty people. Probably not an accident. You can check it yourself: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22s...ontrol+unit%22

Consumer's Report magazine has long warned that such product warranties are mostly a very high margin (for the seller) product, that rarely provide value to the buyer. But don't feel bad: they sell a zillion of those things every year. I'm just sorry you sprung for one for your house, instead of your electric toothbrush!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Home Warranty Denial on SWCG (Salt water unit)

Upgraded membership and moved thread to the General section. You may need to log out and back in to see everything.

PS.You can search use Google to search multiple pool sites, using Google's 'advanced search operators" to limit your search to specific sites. This page of mine will create the search links for you. Google knows my site -- and all the others -- much better than those sites internal search functions! And, if you need to post pictures -- of your pool, filter, pump, piping, what-not -- there are instructions on this page

Please note: the Super Search page does NOT search directly; it only CREATES special Google links, that enable a FOCUSED Google search!

+ Reply to Thread