Hey all,

I'm new to the forum and to owning a pool!

I have a few questions as I've noticed my skimmer is rather weak at collecting debris.

I've done some research on this forum and elsewhere regarding pool return jet aiming, however, my pool is oddly set up, at least to me!

As you can see, I have 3 jets located in the bottom left, bottom right and top right corners. The skimmer is in the top right quadrant of the pool. At the top left is a seat built into the pool, it's concave in shape.

I'm not sure how to run my jets.. Currently I have the bottom left pointed toward the stairs into the pool. The bottom right is pointed toward the top right jet, parallel with the right wall, aimed almost level if not slightly skewed downward. My top right is pointed to just left of the seat, about level. I have my main drains off.

I'm not sure if I'm getting the best circulation, but after fiddling with it a while I'm lost. I was considering reversing their direction and going clockwise, with the top right pointed level and toward the bottom right jet. The bottom right jet pointed left and the bottom left jet pointed straight up.

I'm not sure if I should alternatively consider pointing the bottom left and right jets toward the main drain, turning the main drain on, and pointing the top right jet left toward the seat?

I'm not sure if I should leave on the main drain as my second conundrum is my skimmer is weak and doesn't pull down water very well. My water level is somewhat high at the moment, normally I target the seam between two levels of 3" tile. I was going to get a vortex skimmer basket to help, however, should I leave the main drain open regardless to flow the deeper water (6' deep)?

Sorry for the wordy first post, I wanted to give as much detail as possible to aid in decision making.

Thanks!

In case is matters, it's a 15k gallon pool, DE filter (which I'm pretty sure I have setup correctly with enough powder) and 1.5 HP Max Flow XL from Hayward.