+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 24 round - single return

Default 24 round - single return

Hi Folks - Most 24´ round above ground pools come standard with only 1 return. Is this sufficient for adequate cleaning/skimming? Does adding a second pool add to more efficient cleaning?

Thanks,
    Greg

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: 24 round - single return

Terminology is in play!

In the pool biz, a "return" usually means 'return-to-the-pool', which is opposite of the mechanical / plumbing meaning of "return" = 'return-to-the-pump'. I'm not sure which you mean.

'Pool returns' (eyeballs with water exiting INTO the pool) do not improve cleaning, but do improve mixing and circulation. I'm not sure how much it matters on a round pool, but 1 return would definitely NOT be enough on a rectangular pool.
    "Skimmers" (and "main drains") (ie, pump returns!) DO improved cleaning and skimming; 2 would be better than 1. But whether it matters depends on locale: if your pool is in the middle of a grass lawn kept mown, it may not. If you've got trees nearby, it probably will.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Upgraded membership and moved thread to the AG pool constructionl section. You may need to log out and back in to see everything.

PS.You can search use Google to search multiple pool sites, using Google's 'advanced search operators" to limit your search to specific sites. This page of mine will create the search links for you. Google knows my site -- and all the others -- much better than those sites internal search functions! And, if you need to post pictures -- of your pool, filter, pump, piping, what-not -- there are instructions on this page

Please note: the Super Search page does NOT search directly; it only CREATES special Google links, that enable a FOCUSED Google search!

Sorry for not being clear. As you thought, I was referring to "return to pool" as a way of getting better water circulation.

+ Reply to Thread