+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie -- old pump & filter with new Intex-type pool?

Default Newbie -- old pump & filter with new Intex-type pool?

I had a 24 foot round above ground pool for 21 years. We replaced it with a Coleman 24 x 52 pool.

My question is can I use my Pentair sand filter and 1.5 HP motor ? I didn't want to buy another, if it was possible.

Thanks in advance.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Newbie

The simple answer is, yes it can be done.

The more complicated answer is, it's complicated because the companies don't make it easy. In particular, the pools sold by Walmart and Sams Club, including the Coleman pools -- which are NOT made by Coleman -- seem to have very little after-market support, either from the brand, or from third parties.

What you need to do is get the pool up and running successfully with the supplied equipment ASAP, so if there's a problem you can return it to Walmart during their return window. Chances are poor of getting warranty satisfaction from the company, and perhaps 10% of new pools of this type have significant warrantiable problems.

Once you've verified the pool is OK, and have it running, you can start working on the problem of connecting your existing equipment. Let me know when you are at that point, and I'll try to list some gear that will help.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Newbie -- old pump & filter with new Intex-type pool?

Upgraded membership and moved thread to the Intex-type section. You may need to log out and back in to see everything.

PS.You can search use Google to search multiple pool sites, using Google's 'advanced search operators" to limit your search to specific sites. This page of mine will create the search links for you. Google knows my site -- and all the others -- much better than those sites internal search functions! And, if you need to post pictures -- of your pool, filter, pump, piping, what-not -- there are instructions on this page

Please note: the Super Search page does NOT search directly; it only CREATES special Google links, that enable a FOCUSED Google search!

+ Reply to Thread