+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward Aqua Logic losing time

Default Hayward Aqua Logic losing time

I have an Aqua logic control that wont keep time, I have to manually change the day and time everyday, could not find any backup battery and the pool store says I need a new board,

I'm pretty handy, and fix most things myself and save a ton of money, this one has me baffled, any help would be appreciated

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Aqua logic loosing time

Sorry, but individual consumer electronic packages are not something I've ever made any effort to master . . . and there's not enough traffic here currently for you to have much chance of a getting an answers. I'd recommend that you use my Super Search page (next post) to see if there are any answers already on the 3 major swimming pool discussion forums. If not, I think TFP currently has the highest traffic.

(I'm assuming you called Hayward, and got no help.)

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Upgraded membership and moved thread to the Electronics section. You may need to log out and back in to see everything.

PS.You can search use Google to search multiple pool sites, using Google's 'advanced search operators" to limit your search to specific sites. This page of mine will create the search links for you. Google knows my site -- and all the others -- much better than those sites internal search functions! And, if you need to post pictures -- of your pool, filter, pump, piping, what-not -- there are instructions on this page

Please note: the Super Search page does NOT search directly; it only CREATES special Google links, that enable a FOCUSED Google search!

Thank you, some of the research I've done points to a bad solder, I'm going to pull the board this weekend and inspect that, I've already repaired one bad solder joint in the past, I will update you, Thanks again

Interesting.

Of course, you realize that repairing a bad solder joint on a circuit board is something that less than 1% of pool owners are prepared to tackle? I'm not sure even Hayward's techs would attempt that!

And, service guys like I was won't do it -- if they have any sense -- because there's a good chance they'll spend a considerable amount of time working on it, and still fail to fix the problem, instantly converting their time into unbillable hours.

That puts the repair firmly into the category of "Appropriate ONLY for highly skilled amateurs!".

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread