+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nOOb needs help

Unhappy nOOb needs help

Hi!! I just signed up but I'm having problems. Seems I can't search, can't read other threads, can't really do much of anything. Did I do something wrong, or is this all there is to this forum? I was hoping for a bit more content...

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: nOOb needs help

There's no additional content available by registering.

Upgraded membership and moved thread to the [B] General /B] section. You may need to log out and back in to see everything.

PS.You can search use Google to search multiple pool sites, using Google's 'advanced search operators" to limit your search to specific sites. This page of mine will create the search links for you. Google knows my site -- and all the others -- much better than those sites internal search functions! And, if you need to post pictures -- of your pool, filter, pump, piping, what-not -- there are instructions on this page

Please note: the Super Search page does NOT search directly; it only CREATES special Google links, that enable a FOCUSED Google search!

Question

What if I become a paid subscriber to the forum? Is there additional content for paid members?

-----------------------

Hmmm, I was perusing the paid subscriber options, and it looks like the "Lifetime Membership" expires after 5 years. Do you know something that I don't? I was hoping to be around longer than that.............
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 08-13-2018 at 01:34 PM.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: nOOb needs help

1. There is minimal additional info available, and what is there is more historical curiosity than pertinent to immediate pool problems.

2. Is there a particular issue you are concerned with? I know more than is posted here, and would be willing to dig in to a specific issue IF I think I can help and IF you get a lifetime membership.

3. I'm in my 60's; statistically, my life expectancy is about 15 more years, but my functional ability to operate this forum is less than that. Plus, I HATE "lifetime guarantees" and the like, which are always a shill.

That said, some people have had "lifetime memberships" here for 15 years; none have expired yet.

4. Big purple avatars are not allowed, but subscribers can post small purple avatars.

5. BUT . . . I'm transitioning PoolForum from an active discussion forum, to a published and indexed answers forum.

Most of the questions here are either new versions of questions asked and answered dozens of times before (what's the best way to chlorinate?), questions that need a specific calculator (Is bleach or trichlor a better deal for me?), or questions that need NEW, DIFFICULT, ORIGINAL content from me (What's the best pump/filter/piping combo for my 40,000 gallon pool in Calif?)

Ironically, the last question is harder than I thought. I've answered it many times, in the form of "What's the best pump/filter/piping combo to refit our 220,000 gallon commercial pool?" without realizing that MUCH BETTER engineering data is available for the big stuff.

+ Reply to Thread