+ Reply to Thread

Thread: throttling pump flow

Default throttling pump flow

I'm trying to fix a leak in my pool, 10,000 gallons, the suggestion from the manufacturer of "fix a leak" is to slow down the flow to 8 gallons per minute I'm sure I'm running somewhere around 40 or 45 GPM. This will allow the suspension to fill the leaking holes and not wash away before it cures. Is there an easy way to do this temporarily?
    I'm going to use two (2) hoses, one between the skimmer and side return ports, and one between bottom intake and discharge. Pour the product in the pump basket and run these 2 loops for an hour, then shut everything off for 48 hours.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: pump volume

One way to throttle the flow, is to install a ball valve between the pump and filter. Flow can be safely throttled at that point.

Do NOT install a valve downstream of the filter, or upstream of the pump.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: throttling pump flow

Upgraded membership and moved thread to the [B] Pool Equipment /B] section. You may need to log out and back in to see everything.

PS.You can search use Google to search multiple pool sites, using Google's 'advanced search operators" to limit your search to specific sites. This page of mine will create the search links for you. Google knows my site -- and all the others -- much better than those sites internal search functions! And, if you need to post pictures -- of your pool, filter, pump, piping, what-not -- there are instructions on this page

Please note: the Super Search page does NOT search directly; it only CREATES special Google links, that enable a FOCUSED Google search!

+ Reply to Thread