Closed Thread

Thread: Do it yourself ionizer - anybody build their own?

Default Do it yourself ionizer - anybody build their own?

I know the forum this is supposed to be in, but for some reason I can't get access to it. I am a new user and I can't even search. Sorry..

I am looking for info on anybody that may have built their own ionizer. I just set up a 30x15 above ground and have started sanitization with chlorine. I know I can probably build a unit cheaper than buying it.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Do it yourself ionizer - anybody build their own?

Sorry. I know what section it is "supposed to be in" as well . . . but I'm going to CLOSE this thread, after putting it there.

If you browse old posts in that section, you'll find that ionizers are not, and never have been, supported here for all sorts of reasons.

And even if that weren't true, helping ANYONE connect an electrical current to there pool water is NOT something I've ever allowed. You may be a CNC wizard, but that doesn't prove to me that you have know-how to connect electricity to your pool without risking someone's life.

Frankly, if you DID have that expertise, you wouldn't NEED advice from here on making your own ionizer.

Sorry, but just No!

PS. You can always try posting this question on TroubleFreePool or PoolSpaForum if you like, and see what happens. They aren't as ornery as I am.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Do it yourself ionizer - anybody build their own?

Thread closed!

(Not banned for asking question, but for sending 'nasty-gram' when I explained by email that I really, truly wasn't going to let him post pro-ionizer DIY stuff here.)
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 08-13-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Closed Thread