Hi all, I had our pool installed about 15 years ago, so have been through quite a bit with it.

Relying mostly on the local pool store, I have had a guy I talked to there and he has been pretty helpful over the years. Although I know he upsold me some things, he would also give me some alternatives as well. Anyway, he is no longer there, so I have tried others there. The guy I talked to a few days ago about an algae bloom I cant get rid of had me buying all kinds of things. When I asked him how big of a pool he said, he didn't have one. Lol

At any rate, I have spent the last couple of days reading up on this forum and willing to give it a try. Just ordered new Taylor test kit (2oz bottle version) and looking forward to getting a swimming pool that is always swim ready.

Normally, my pool is kinda swim ready, hasn't been sparkling clear in years, but can get it somewhat clear with a shock and flox usually. Just in reading these forums I can see that my CH levels on a daily basis are probably too low.

At any rate, looking forward to see how things go from here, when I left this morning the pool looked better, CH levels were over 10 best I can tell with my test kit that goes to 5 (I took two fills of the small vial and used the bigger vial, but with same 5 drops, still over 5). I didn't test it this morning. I am hoping I will get the dull grey color when I finally get home tonight.

16x36ft Fiberglass pool (approx. 18000 gal), 4 cartridge, heater (only use sparingly). I am embarrassed to say everything I have put in there the past week Since I will be out of town this weekend, I am just going to try and get this stuff cleared up, drop another bag to shock before I go and keep my tabs going.

Since I don't get my test kit for a few days, I may take it up to store and get the readings they have at least...

Thanks to all those that have helped so many, hopefully I can do what I need to do just using search, but its great to know there are so many willing tohelp.