+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New pool owner needs help!!!

Default New pool owner needs help!!!

I recently bought a house that has an inground pool... It's 20'x40' with an 8' deep end and like 3' shallow end... It holds about 30,000 gallons. It has a chlorinator that I keep full and have turned on to 4. It goes up to 8 but I don't know what I'm doing so I just set it at 4...

Anyway I bought one of these hth 6-way test kits and it looks like my chlorine is high but my ph is low... I'm trying to figure out what I need to do from here.... The water in the pool is clear.

If I can figure out how to post a picture on here I'll post a picture of the test kit and my sample with the OTO and phenol red.

Thanks for any and all help

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New pool owner needs help!!!

Don't worry about the high chlorine. Post your numbers.

Picture instructions here

But if your pH is below 7.0, start adding boxes of 20 Mule Team borax (Walmart) slo-w-ly to your skimmer with the pump RUNNING. Add 2 boxes at a time & retest after 8 hours.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New pool owner needs help!!!

Upgraded membership and moved thread to the Pool Water Problems section. You may need to log out and back in to see everything.

PS.You can search use Google to search multiple pool sites, using Google's 'advanced search operators" to limit your search to specific sites. This page of mine will create the search links for you. Google knows my site -- and all the others -- much better than those sites internal search functions! And, if you need to post pictures -- of your pool, filter, pump, piping, what-not -- there are instructions on this page

+ Reply to Thread