+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all

Smile Hi all

Happy to have found this site. Hopefully will find some useful information/help from DIY's here. Right now, wondering about WiFi for Pool electronics, will post over in that thread.

Cheers!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Hi all

Welcome . . . sort of.

I'm not going to encourage you to post WiFi pool control questions, for several reasons:
    + There's no one currently posting here with expertise on that topic.
    + Based on what I know of such systems, I'm not sure that ANYONE who is knowledgeable about such systems will post honestly. (The engineers would be fired, if they explained how sucky such systems really are!)
    + I'm not a fan of electronic pool control systems, generally. And it's not because I have no experience: I used to sell and install very expensive control systems for commercial pools. But they universally over-promised and under-performed.
    + Put more plainly: electronic pool control systems are mostly quirky, finicky gadgets lacking most actual utility!
    However, you're welcome to use my Super Search page to check several pool forums (including this one) for threads on the topic: http://pool9.net/ssearch/

+ Reply to Thread