+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Started

Default Getting Started

Hello I am new and getting started here...

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Getting Started

Welcome, but . . .

I'm in the process of re-organizing the forum, so there's not a lot of activity. If you have a question, log in and ask it, and I'll answer if I can. Otherwise, most everything here of value is available without logging in:

You can search, not only my forum, but several others AND several manufacturer sites using my "Super Search" page. Enter the words or phrase you want to search for, into the boxes associated with the sites you want to search, and then click the button on the lower left. A special "Google Custom Search" link will be created that will cause Google to search ONLY the sites you ask.

Click that link, and your off and away! Google knows EVERYBODY'S site better than they know it themselves, so the results will be better than using their own site search. For example, Hayward's search function is AWFUL.

But, one caution: the links use "Google advanced search operators" and Google prefers if you don't use them more than 6 or 7 times per hour.

Also, I have added "FAQs and Guides" posts to the top of most forum sections, that will point out some of the most useful information. I'm still working on all these, so they will improve further, but they should be pretty helpful now!

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread