+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No lights on my SWCG system

Default No lights on my SWCG system

So frustrating...We have a Saniclear 40 SWAG. Of course it is 3 months out of warranty! When you turn the system on after just a few minutes all of the lights go out...nothing blinking, no power light. Can the flow sensor cause the entire system to shut down...even power? I have replaced the fuse, the cel is fine, salt in the pool is good as well as all chemistry. We have a whole house surge protector so I don't think it would be that. Any thoughts much appreciated. I called the local rep. and he said he was checking on it but haven't heard back from him...guess I'm impatient, but I don't want the pool to turn green!
    PF=5; 23K gal IG kidney vinyl pool, Triton II Sand Filter, Whisperflow VS Pump, Taylor 2006 kit, Jacuzzi/Carvin Saniclear 40 SWCG

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: No lights on my SWCG system

From http://www.carvinpool.com/gpc/_media...94180120-3.pdf

The “Power” LED light is OFF
    + Verify the 20 amp ATO fuse located in the circuit board above the cell connector.
    + Check to make sure the power is connected to the control. Be sure the jumpers are set properly.
    + Verify the voltage with a voltmeter and if the input power is functional the problem could be that the circuit breaker could be tripped.
    + Be sure the jumpers are set properly.
    Did you verify voltage AT the unit ?

More than that, I can't help with the SWCG. Sorry!

But . . . regarding 'no green', no problem. Head on over to the Walmart at 12182 Highway 92 . . . and get 10 gallons of "Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid" from aisle I.30 (maybe, L.30?). That is fresh 10% chlorine bleach.

Your pool has a PF of 5, so each gallon will add about 4 ppm of chlorine. Ideally, pour it in as needed, each evening after 7:30 PM (or, not long b4 sunset)
    • If you have no algae, your chlorine level should be at 5% of your stabilizer level, but at least 2 ppm.
    • If you have any sign of algae, FC should be 10% of CYA or higher.
    PS. How did you end up with a rare Canadian SWCG, all the way down in Georgia?

Default Re: No lights on my SWCG system

Thanks for the reply. Keeping the bleach in.
    PF=5; 23K gal IG kidney vinyl pool, Triton II Sand Filter, Whisperflow VS Pump, Taylor 2006 kit, Jacuzzi/Carvin Saniclear 40 SWCG

+ Reply to Thread