+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Compool Solar Diverter Question

Default Compool Solar Diverter Question

Hello all. I searched the forum for an answer to the following and came up blank.

I have an older Compool system that includes a 3-way diverter valve to direct water through a solar array. The valve was leaking such that water was being diverted to my roof even when the valve indicated that that port was off. My pool guy replaced the internal diverter paddle with Pentair part number 270056 (DIV-20), but it did not resolve the problem.

I'm concerned that the DIV-20 part may not have been the correct part for my valve body. The valve body has no part number that I can see, but reading online I see another part 270094 that looks like it might be the correct diverter for a Compool Solar Diverter valve.

My theory is the the original diverter was indeed bad, but the replacement part is not sized correctly and is allowing water to bypass the seal. I took the valve body apart, and saw nothing unusual, other than there only being (I think) a single O-ring on the diverter shaft, rather than 2 o-rings separated by a split ring spacer.

If it makes any difference, the valve has a CVA-24 actuator attached.

Any thoughts on this? Pictures of the valve are posted here:

https://kcheves.smugmug.com/Other/Co...Valve/n-KtpBQP

Thanks!

Kit Cheves
    San Diego, CA

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Compool Solar Diverter Question

Sorry, but I've never worked with Compool equipment.

Like most forums, the PoolForum has discouraged cross posting, but in this case you probably want to try posting to two other forums, TFP and PoolSpaforum. In the past, PSF had the highest proportion of pool industry members, so you might want to start there.

Before you do, I'd recommend using my Super Search page (http://pool9.net/ssearch). It will NOT search directly, but allows you to create custom Google search links that search a single website, including TFP, PSF, and Pentair. It's much easier to find obscure information with a focused search like that.

One caution: Google tends to interpret repeated searches with the 'advanced search operators' as a hacker activity. So if you use the SSearch page links more than 8 or 9 times, give it a break for an hour or so before continuing.

Good luck!

Thanks Ben. I posted the question over at PSF.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

If you would, post back here if you get a decent answer.

I'm not sure where to send people asking equipment questions I can't answer. Pool equipment is not like an Ford F150, where there are 1,000,000 owners and 50,000+ hobbyist mechanics. I'm not sure if there IS a good source of answers for questions about old pool equipment . . . or even uncommon NEW pool equipment.

So, if you DO get a good answer, I'd like to know.

Thx

After finding that my valve is model PTV-2TS, Inyo pools informed me that the correct diverter part number is 270094. I have ordered one and will report back here if it is not the correct part.

thx

+ Reply to Thread