+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New resurfaced diamond brite debris

Default New resurfaced diamond brite debris

Hello

We recently resurfaced our pool., on May 9th the pool started to fill with water. We were told to wait 6 weeks before starting a suction cleaner (Dorardo model). Yesterday was our first day and we got A LOT of debris. We had to hose out the filter about every 2 hours and suction debris out of the filter housing system. Today was almost as bad. Is this normal? And if so, About how long should we expect for this to go on.

We want to get this under control before we start a new salt water system.

Any input will be appreciated.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New resurfaced diamond brite debris

I'm not a plaster expert, and the forum doesn't have anyone active at present who is.

But . . . scanning through several resources, it doesn't sound like what you are experience is normal:
    + http://www.guniterepair.com/poolstartupprocedures.html

+ http://www.sgm.cc/pdf/InfoSheets/Diamond_Brite_web.pdf

Unfortunately, there are lots of things I don't know.
    + I've never worked with a "Dorado" cleaner, so I don't know how much they actually hold.

+ "a LOT of debris" is a fairly subjective description: was there a cup, a quart, a gallon?
    It sounds like you ought to give it a few days, and if there's still a problem, call SGM customer information and see if they'll talk to you. They WOULD know, if they are willing to talk to a consumer.

I can tell you there's no hurry on the salt system -- use bleach if your CYA is high; dichlor if it's low. And if you don't know which is which, get the Taylor K2006 test kit and find out.

You will NOT enjoy the results of running a salt system when calcium levels are out of whack!

Good luck!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New resurfaced diamond brite debris

[ Upgraded membership; moved thread to "In-ground pool" section <= you may need to log out and back in, before you can see everything. ]

+ Reply to Thread