+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Selling doughboy questions

Default Selling doughboy questions

Hello, 2 years ago I bought a 16x32 doughboy with all supplies from my niece. We spent 3 days disassembling and moving it home. Once we got it home we found that we didn't have the yard space that we thought we did, due to 2 septic systems and drain fields, an orchard and huge garden. We have kept in in our garage the whole time, but would like to sell it. Does anyone have anyidea what price I could put on it? It looks nice.

I spent about $500 on it, but with 5 people working 3 long days to move it too.

Any ideas about a decent price? Has pump and steps included.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Selling doughboy questions

Short answer: the best info you might get about a "decent price" . . . LOCAL TO YOU . . . is from your local Craigslist. Doughboy is a premium brand, but if no one knows, no one will pay extra. In many areas, no one knows. In your area, I don't know.

Here are a couple of tips:
    1. It might be easier to sell the ladder and pump, than anything else.
    2. People are OFTEN looking for above-ground pool parts, so you might be able to piece out the pool.
    3. Anyone knowledgeable will likely give you nothing for the liner: a used liner, that was moved, and then sat around for 2 years, is untrustworthy. And, it's a lot of work to put it in, only to find out, sure enough, it's done.
    If I put this question out on the general forum, without closing the thread, you might get some answers. But they will be WRONG, likely as not, simply because there's almost no chance of getting an answer from someone knowledgeable about YOUR area.

This is one of the main reasons, we've never really allowed questions like yours: they get answers, but they are mostly BAD answers.

Sorry!

Good luck with recovering some of your money!

+ Reply to Thread