+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to successfully select & operate a Salt Water Chlorine Generator system for pools

Default Re: How to successfully select & operate a Salt Water Chlorine Generator system for p

Quote Originally Posted by wishIcould View Post
    Seems they don't make the aquarite for a larger pool, only up to 40k gallons and our pool is like 37-38k.... I was told pentair intellichlor by someone but, it requires an extremely high amount of salt which makes me worry that it will cause other issues.... any other ideas? Thanks.
    A friend of mine uses an AutoPilot unit (I’ll ask which model). He hasn’t mentioned having any issues with it.

https://autopilot.com/

I see they offer cells rated up to 80,000 gallons.

Another option is to run 2 units.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Default Re: How to successfully select & operate a Salt Water Chlorine Generator system for p

Hey wishIcould,

Yes, JimK is correct. I'm on my 4th season with the AutoPilot with the RC42 cell (42k gallon pool), and it's still running beautifully. To be honest, it was a bit tricky in the beginning, but once I got the hang of it, it's been a good choice for out pool.

I think either one Aqua Rite or AutoPilot is a good choice. I have not seen many complaints about either. I have seem quite a few complaints about the Pentair Intellichlor which was what our pool builder recommended.
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

In your above post you recommend the Haywood ARQ15. The link take me to the page on Amazon which has 2 versions of the system. They show ARQ15 and the W3ARQ15. I have searched and searched and cannot find out what the difference is. However the W3ARQ15 is almost twice the cost of the ARQ15. Do you happen to know the difference? I am looking to purchase a salt system, so any help you can give will be appreciated.

DerrikM
    DerrikM

I'm afraid I don’t know the difference. Perhaps contact Hayward? I see this on the Hayward site, but it doesn’t explain the difference.

https://www.hayward-pool.com/webapp/...Page%3Dcompare

Google turned up nothing.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread