+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So now it looks like I have a leak...

Default So now it looks like I have a leak...

Okay, got the liner smoothed pretty good last night and got about 1.5 feet of water in. Went out 9:30am to plan the next round and I notice some moist spots around the pool. Now, it hasn't rained here in 2 weeks. I did wet down the sand in the pool pretty good Thrus night when I was done somoothing it, but it was in direct sun all day, so I don't believe this is just moisture being pushed out of the sand as the water compresses it (or maybe it is. Please tell me it is ).

So if it is a leak, what are my options? I guess drain the pool and do it all again.....

A bit of moisture on one of the straight sides.

The set patio block. I scraped away some of the wet dirt to see how moist it was.

Another area btw the round sides that shows water.

posguy is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst posguy 0

Default Re: So now it looks like I have a leak...

I can tell you this... The area between the liner and pool wall was saturated with condensation when I went to shift my liner due to it skeewing. I too only had about a foot of water overnight, then in the a.m. decided to fix the skewing so when I removed the j hook, i noticed all the condensation. Maybe thats it? Im sure the more experienced posters will chime in soon.

Anthony

Looks like a leak or two to me. With just a little over a foot of water you should be able to locate them and patch. You should not need to drain the pool.

Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

I talked to the guys that sold me the pool and they gave me another liner. I'm going to find someone else to hang it and maybe finish the pool.

I got in to get some hoses going to syphon out the water and where the moisture is most prominant on the outside, the sand underneath is rock hard. The other areas are still a bit soft when I walk, so I think it is a leak on one end of the pool, possibly at one of the inner floor seams. The guys at the pool shop seemed to think that if it isn't anything obvious, it is probably a seam.

Anyway, have a call out to a few people/places to get est to hang the new liner and maybe finish up. Might cost me a few hundred, but well worth it if you ask me.

So the new liner is in the garage and I'm emptying. I'll deal with it next week.

+ Reply to Thread