+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question Re: Disassembly of Hayward EC-40 Filter to Replace Check Valve

Default Question Re: Disassembly of Hayward EC-40 Filter to Replace Check Valve

How does this valve come out? From inside the pump? And what tabs do you squeeze, bend, push on, etc, etc to remove the cuff that the check valve sits in? Do you need to remove the intake pipe? Thank you in advance.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Question Re: Disassembly of Hayward EC-40 Filter to Replace Check Valve

Looks like maybe this video answers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYK695_Mc0

Default Re: Question Re: Disassembly of Hayward EC-40 Filter to Replace Check Valve

That guy is brain dead. I know for a fact that the check valve ass'y comes out into the filter. I've done it before with a differently engineered part. Once you're inside the filter, just pull on that ass'y. Problem is I don't know which tab to push and which way to push it. Thanks for answering up. Jake

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Sorry, but I've never worked on a Perflex myself. Other than the StaRite System 3 DE filter, all the DE filters I've worked on have been large commercial vacuum DE filters, which are completely unlike consumer pressure filters.

+ Reply to Thread