+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Can't I Search?

Default Why Can't I Search?

I'm a fairly new subscriber to this forum, but I still am unable to search the forum. What is the reason for this? Have a missed a step in signing up? Thanks for any feedback.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Can't Search

1. You can search -- multiple forums AND pool manufacture sites, here: http://pool9.net/ssearch/
    [ IMPORTANT! This page allows you to create a "Google custom search" link, but not search directly. You have to 'click' the created link to initiate the search. For what it's worth, Google knows my site, and the other sites, FAR better than the internal search program does! ]

2. The built-in search in vBulletin is insecure, and some who register are spammers or hackers.

3. The built-in search works well for specialized searches, like finding all the posts by a particular user, or all posts after a certain date. But that's not a function most users need.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Can't Search

[ Upgraded membership; moved thread to "Forum Q&A" section <= you may need to log out and back in, before you can see everything.

+ Reply to Thread