+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Setting up a new 12' x 18' this weekend

Default Setting up a new 12' x 18' this weekend

We just got our first above ground pool 12x18. I will set it up at the weekend. does anyone have any hints and tips?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Setting up a new 12' x 18' this weekend

Here's what you need to do:

1. Set up -- but do not fill -- your pool ASAP.
    All of the Chinese made mini-pools have high defect rates. Intex is the best, but still ships about 10% defective pools. Intex is also the only one who honors their warranty consistently . . . if very slowly. Your BEST bet is to set the pool up, and find the defects (remember, 90% chance your pool is A-OK) IMMEDIATELY, while you can STILL return it to the seller. Ignore any instructions to handle defects through the manufacturer -- that is PURELY for their benefit. If you find a defect, and you can exchange it, do so right away!

2. Do not fill without a chemical plan -- and the needed chemicals -- but fill ASAP
    Read the FAQs and Guides page, and especially, the recipe page. Then, make a choice and a plan. Pools can turn green OVERNIGHT!

3. Get a HTH 6-Way Test Kit
    from Amazon or Walmart. You WILL need it. But do NOT use the CYA test, until AFTER you've added CYA. That kit can only test CYA levels THREE times.

Good luck!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Setting up a new 12' x 18' this weekend

[ Upgraded membership; moved thread to "Intex pool" section <= you may need to log out and back in, before you can see everything.

My apologies, but I accidentally deleted your post. I still had a copy on a screen, so I changed your password, logged in as you, reposted, and then logged out. I will email you the new password, which you can change. Unfortunately, I cannot restore the password, because even though I can change it to a new one, I cannot see your old one!.

+ Reply to Thread