+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In ground pool help

Default In ground pool help

I’m looking advice, we bought some property with a pool that has been let go.

We’ve cleaned it out and I wanted to know is this something we can fix ourselves and get it ready for the liner to be put in. I was quoted 8,000 to get it fixed. We would like to save some money by seeing if this is something we can do ourselves. Has anyone ever done this or can anyone give me advice on how to go about fixing it. Not sure how to post pictures here. But I do have some I’d like to share with this group to see if anyone can put me in the right direction.

Thanks shannon

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: In ground pool help

Obviously, without pictures, there's no way at all to answer. Here are instructions: http://pool9.net/postpix

I will caution you, even with pictures, there won't be much we can say.

Except for me, pretty much everyone here is a pool owner, not a pool professional. In the past, PoolSpaForum had more professionals than other forums, but I don't know if that is still so. Unfortunately, most professionals are way too busy right now to be on a forum. And most retired professionals have no interest in pools.

Also, we have no way to assess your skills. Repairing a dilapidated liner pool is tricky at best, and many pros will merely insist on replacing everything even slightly doubtful, just to cover their a@@. That's not dishonest, but just a reflection of the problems that arise if something turns out to be worse than it seemed from the outside.

Good luck

PS. You absolutely MUST CAREFULLY check any contractors quoting. The pool biz attracts a LOT of shysters. Check all of the following:

1. BBB records
    2. Business license in that EXACT business name for at least 5 years.
    3. Prior construction history.
    4. Criminal history.
    5. Liability insurance.

(PS: If you use Truthfinder or something similar, keep in mind that THOSE companies are somewhat shady, too. Make a new special purpose Gmail address and a pre-paid credit card to pay.)

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: In ground pool help

[ Upgraded membership; moved thread to "IG pool" section <= you may need to log out and back in, before you can see everything.

+ Reply to Thread