+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intex Pool Problem

Default Intex Pool Problem

I have an above ground Intex pool. I am having trouble with the 2 things that install thru the pool and connect to the pump. I don't know the proper name.

I think I have them hooked up wrong as when I place my hand over them nothing pushing out of them like last year. Yes the pump is fine. I think I installed them the wrong way. I will have to drain the freekin pool a lot to fix this now. How can I tell which one goes on what side? As I face the pool which one goes in left and which in the right hole?

Thanks.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Intex Pool Problem

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you are talking about. You can take some pictures with your phone, and post them with Imgur. This page explains how: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php/29084

Meanwhile, you can keep your pool from 'going green' by pouring PLAIN bleach or 'liquid pool chlorine' in. 1 gallon of PLAIN bleach will add about 12 ppm of chlorine to a 10,000 gallon pool.

Walmart is the most consistent source:
    10% Pool-Essentials-Chlorinating-Liquid
    6% Great-Value-Cleaning-Bleach-128-fl-oz/

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

[ Upgraded membership; moved thread to "Intex-type" section <= you may need to log out and back in, before you can see everything.

BTW, if everything is hooked up like it was last year, and is NOT working, then something probably wrong IS with the filter (stopped up cartridge), hoses (mud dauber nest filling them), or pump.

Just sayin'

+ Reply to Thread