+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool structure help!

Default Pool structure help!

hello, I'm new to the forum but here for some help & advise. I have a 12x24 above ground oval pool. I woke up this morning to my water level dropped below the skimmer. I noticed one wall is buckled, support bars are pulled from the pool wall at bottom & slightly caved in at top. Liner is leaking in the area, looks like the seam may be split, also have a crater on bottom of pool where sand must have washed out. What can I do to repair this? I would like to not replace the liner if possible, it's only 2 years old. Do I need to completely drain it to fix the supports & straighten the wall? Also what could have caused this? Did the leak cause it?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Pool structure help!

1. I'm not an AG pool installation expert. And, there are none currently posting on the forum.

2. I can't see in your photos how the wall braces, or angled buttresses were anchored.

3. That said, I'm pretty sure you'll need to drain, repair the liner, reposition and braces AND buttresses and THEN

4. Make some arrangement to SECURE the base of each brace and buttress.

5. I'm afraid doing all that is going to a larger job than you imagine.

Good luck!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Pool structure help!

[ Upgraded membership; moved thread to "AG pool" section <= you may need to log out and back in, before you can see everything.

BTW, I happened to ask another pool expert about your situation -- he's ALSO not an AG installer -- and he suggested I warn you that it may be more practical to replace the pool, or at least the liner and part of the wall section. I thought about it, and agreed. Neither he nor I know -- partly because of lack of experience, and partly because you pictures don't show everything necessary. But it would be better to keep that possibility in mind, before you spend hours and hours and many dollars trying to repair it.

Also, if a leak didn't precede the failure (washing out the base) then the problem was quite possibly caused by substandard installation.

+ Reply to Thread