Hello everyone!
My husband and I bought our house 5 years ago and it came with a 24’x54” above ground round pool. We always had an easy time keep the pool clean and clear every year until last year. Two years ago our pump stopped working right before needing to close the pool down. Due to finances, we were unable to afford a new pump and went ahead and closed the pool. Last summer we purchased the pump before opening the pool back up, but we struggled with keeping the water blue. It stayed hazy most of the summer. Last weekend we opened the pool up and the water was green. My husband and I vacuumed it really well and then threw in 6 bags of shock. That didn’t make a difference. A friend of mine mentioned the BBB method, and while searching more online we discovered that pouring straight bleach in did the same as shock, so my husband added 4 gallons of bleach. The water turned even more green. Last night he threw in 5 bags of shock but the water is still green this morning. What do we need to do to fix this?