+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Too much DE in pool

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Too much DE in pool

. . . must be a matter of exorcising the glitch demons, with cold iron OR hand-warmed chrome-vanadium tool steel!

Pappy is offline PF Supporter Widget Weaver Pappy 0

You are very welcome! Good luck and enjoy the pool!
    Intex 15ftx4ft 4500 gal. 3/4 HP Pentair WhisperFlo pump. Hayward 21" sand filter. Taylor K-2006 & K-1106 kits. PF=27

Talking Re: Too much DE in pool

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    . . . must be a matter of exorcising the glitch demons, with cold iron OR hand-warmed chrome-vanadium tool steel!
    !!!!!

Even with pools. Sheesh!
    20,000 gallon plaster (concrete) pool
    DE filter
    Nature 2 (unchanged)

Let's try this again.

Reopening an old wound.

August 2018 I had a new FNS Plus filter installed by a professional. Evetything ran great for a few months. Then I back washed and I suddenly lost pressure. When I added DE, it immediately came out the returns. Cold weather was coming, so I let it slide.

Trying to clean up the pool for summer, I opened the filter and saw the manifold was cracked really bad. That explains the pressure loss. I replaced the manifold and put it back together. Pressure shot up to 35 psi (should be about 10). I added DE and out it comes from the returns. A few minutes later my Kreepy Krauly stopped working.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I assumed once I fixed the filter, I'd run the system for 48 hours with a couple backwashes and it'd be clear again. So much for assumptions.

Right now the water is vivid green with algae slush and DE all over the bottom and steps. The wife is not happy (believe it or not!!)

160,000 gallon concrete pool
    FNS Plus DE filter

16,000 gallon pool, not 160,000. (couldn't figure out how to edit the original message)

Just a wild guess, but with a green pool I’d expect a DE filter to clog real fast. Maybe it clogged and a grid ruptured from the high pressure?
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Real fast I could understand, but immediately??

+ Reply to Thread