+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Found wrinkles in my liner when I opened the pool

Default Found wrinkles in my liner when I opened the pool

Last year, we had a brand new liner installed in our unground pool. It looked great after installation and the duration of the time we swam in it last summer. I opened the pool this spring and discovered big wrinkles (4 of them) across the entire shallow end. They go from the pool steps all the way to the end of the shallow section.
    I tested my pool chemical levels when I closed the pool last year. Everything was okay. I’ve been testing chemicals regularly as I worked to remove the algae.
    What could have caused these wrinkles??

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Wrinkles in my liner

Typically, what happened is that water IN the GROUND got higher than water in the POOL and lifted the liner off the bottom. Then, when ground water level dropped, the liner settled back down . . . but with wrinkles. Unfortunately, the solution involves having pool techs who know how to install a liner, drain the pool and then reseat the liner.

You'll want to schedule the work now . . . but for warm (hot!) weather. Used liners are less elastic than new ones, and you'll need the heat to get the liner in place without ripping. Fortunately, with a liner only a year old, it should still be possible.

By the way, you can find answers to questions like this, using my new 'Super Search' page: http://pool9.net/ssearch/. Here's the link it created for "wrinkled liner":
    https://www.google.com/search?q=%28s...0liner+%22+%22

If you use it, there are a number of other posts and pages discussing this problem, and possible solutions.

Good luck!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Wrinkles in my liner

[ Upgraded membership; moved thread to IG pool construction section => you may need to log in and log out to gain access! ]

+ Reply to Thread