+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warning Labels....PS234

csevel is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst csevel 0

Default Warning Labels....PS234

Here are my latest results. Lowered my Alk and have been running my pump like a champ!

FC - 3.0
    CC - 0
    TC - 3.0
    ph - 7.5
    Alk - 140
    Cal - 20
    CYA - 40
    Temp - 69*

It's supposed to be hot this weekend (finally!) So how do I keep my water as crystal clean as it looks when it warms up?? Still having a hard time finding the time to dig through all the posts for more info. The Pool Solutions subscriber password would be helpful. But I ain't complainin'!! I will wait patiently. Been happy so far!! Please give this new pool owner your good advice on keeping my pool lookin good through the.... maybe 8 weeks we have left here!

BTW Ben...got the testing downpat..and just got around to reading the warning labels on the reagents. Short, Sweet, Smart and To the Point....& a wee bit humorous! I like that! I like that a lot! I promise I won't drink the reagents when I run out of beer!
    Claudia
    18' Echo Canyon A/G Pool by Artesian
    8500 gallons
    3/4hp Jacuzzi 2-speed pump - Cartridge Filter

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Warning Labels....PS234

Your numbers all look good. Just test your water every evening and add enough bleach to bring your cl level back up to 6. (With cya of 40, you want to keep your chlorine between 3-6.) Shock the pool to 15 anytime you have a CC reading greater than 0.5. Keep your ph 7.4-7.6 (but anywhere between 7.2 - 7.8 is OK.) We say alk between 80-125 but actually for a vinyl pool, 140 is fine. Your cya level is perfect at 40 and don't worry about the calcium level in a vinyl pool. Everything looks great - except the temp! As the water warms up, keep doing what you are doing and make sure you run your pump 10-12 hours per day and you should continue to have clear water. Happy swimming!

+ Reply to Thread